help get me started!

mattyhfd

so i found this site after one of my friends took me with him on a trip in New Hampshire! i have a 2009 2dr. wrangler x with 2.5 TF BB, rubi tires and suspension, RR stubby front bumper with hoop and 2x PIAA 520 ATPs. smitty bult rock rails, CB, bushwacker corner guards. where should i go with this next? i was thinking about going up to 35x12.5xR15 BFG KM2s? what do you guys think??? help me out:victory:

Dirty_Jeeper

Adventurer
I would get a winch next and not go larger than 33" tires unless you are up for the cost of regearing, possibly upgrading axles etc. 35's are great as long as you're rig is geared and set up for them.

A winch is a big plus for self recovery as well as assisting. The list is long as to what you need and it's personal choice as well as what you plan to do with your rig in the future.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
The style of off road travel enjoyed by many on this forum generally does not require big lifts and big tires. Concentrate on reliability, repairability, and the ability to haul enough gear to be self sufficient.

Winch, recovery gear, tools, camping gear.

I second the notion... 33s should be plenty. Generally speaking, the smaller you keep your truck, the less likely you are to break stuff.

BTW, welcome to ExPo! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven