Help with charging Jackery 500 with Obsidian Solar Panel

MattD1

Hello,

I have a Zamp 100 watt Obsidian panel. It uses ATP connectors and then an ATP to ZAMP SAE to plug into the Zamp port on my small trailer. Zamp's positive wire on the SAE plug is shielded unlink many other SAE plugs.

I am able to bypass the charge controller on this panel and would like to be able to use it to charge a Jackery 500 when camping. I have been getting mixed answers as how I can charge my Jackery, which uses an 8mm male barrel plug.

Zamp makes some adapters from their ATP connectors to other types, like Anderson Powerpole, etc. but none to an 8mm barrel plug. I have thought about purchasing one of their ATP to Anderson PowerPole adapters and then an anderson power pole to 8mm barrel plug to charge the Jackery but when I asked Zamp they said I might need to reverse the polarity on that adapter but was not given a clear answer. When looking at their PowerPole connectors, there is a red/black connector which I assume would just connect to something like this...

Zamps adapter:

Looking for advice on how to make this work.

Thank you very much,
Matt

Tesota Overland

I can't vouch for this product but SolarEnz on Amazon sells a PP to 8mm barrel plug adapter that should work for what you're looking to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism