Horsethief and Ruby Canyons

kerry

Expedition Leader
Looking forward to a 3 day paddle thru Horsethief and Ruby canyons this coming weekend. Been a few years since I've run it. Summer crowds should be gone and the trees will be changing. Running about 3k right now. Joining up with some rafters so it will be a combination of rafters and canoeists. Anyone know for sure if a fire ban is in effect along the river? I think I'll call the BLM tomorrow to make sure. If it is, it will put a dent in our dutch oven cooking. Can't find my paperback copies of Robert Service poetry so I'm starting to panic.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Wow. I haven't run this section in warm weather for quite a few years. I have recently only run it in March or November. I was very surprised at how many people were putting in and shocked at how many private rafters were using outboard motors on this section. Since when did private rafters abandon the oars and adopt the infernal combustion engine?

GaryMc

Explorer
I float that section all the time since it's just 15 minutes from the house. Give me a shout next time, if you like.

-Gary
14ft NRS Otter
Yeti cooler full of PBR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk