IBEX MULTI-MOUNT CARRIER FOR AEV CARRIER

IBEX is in the process of producing a new multi-mount carrier that will work in conjunction with anyone tire carrier already affixed to your Jeep. This mount has a surface of 15"x36". I is slotted w/ 3/8' slots to accommodate a variety of expedition gear. The carrier is powder coated to match the AEV bumper perfectly. There is also a provision to mount your Pull-Pal spade on the carrier as well. We will be in production in 3 weeks. Lets us know your thoughts.

IBEX 001 009.JPGIBEX 001 008.JPG

lysol

Explorer
More information:

http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=7426

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

lysol

Explorer
Will you guys have a general basket that can mount to them? So, lets say I want to bring some firewood or something, I could just throw it in there.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
how does it attach to the carrier? Id like to get this for my ORFAB carrier

Last edited:

Ex Jay

Observer
This is clearly designed to fit the AEV only! Looks like it slides into the horizontal tube, then it probably bolts elsewhere on the back of the carrier.

lysol

Explorer
****ALSO*****

I wonder how it affects opening the door. As the swingaway slides with the door, it shifts to the left. I guess you would just have to watch your hand.

Ex Jay

Observer
nothing a grinder and welder cant fix

Well sure, but at that point you could just make it yourself. The AEV bumper/tire carrier is the best in the industry, but I'm not about to bust out the grinder and welder to make it fit my cherokee, lol.

Ex Jay

Observer
I wonder if it's for only (1) side (a.k.a. the Driver's side only).

looks like it as mounting on the pass. side would be way different. AEV already offers a mount on the right that allows fitment of a hi-lift and pull-pall, not sure what else could fit.

Whatever the case I'm looking forward to seeing one of these in action.

First, thank you to Lysol for posting the pics and a place to find us. We have been busy inking our deal to go to production.

Email me at: chris@ibexexpeditionary.com

As for the gate and handle. We added a handle to all carriers, so there is a new natural feel to opening the gate. Grab the gate handle w/left, and pull with right from the carrier. The handle is on the same plane as the gate handle.

Shoot us your emails. We are designing this mount and three others to work with the most popular rear bumper/tire carrier combos. We will also have a builders kit for those that want to add it to their build. Drop me a note...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp