Interesting find today..

WPSFan

Was driving earlier and caught a snorkel out of the corner of my eye, looked in my rear view and saw a lot more. Turned around to check them out(I live outside of D.C, Northern VA, not exactly a place you see 20+ snorkeled Land Cruiser's every day). No clue why these would be here, no for sale signs, no stickers, building they were parked at had no signs(I thought it was maybe a snorkel company), at least 20+. All I know is every one looked mint. Any ideas?

2wfmkhv.jpg

ndpyeg.jpg

2h7e0ar.jpg

Last edited:

Dan4self

I can't tell for sure in the pics but the windows looked modified. It might have been Alpine Armoring. Alpineco.com

They armor vehicles I assume for diplomats and overseas. I know they are in northern VA.

Summit Cruisers Jr

New 70 series in the states! Definitely armored. Definitely something to do with the government. I wonder if they are diesels...

WPSFan

You're definitely on some kind of government watch list after taking those pictures.

Lol nah, they were next to a public road sitting out for the world to see, they average person probably thinks it's a car lot because of how they're parked.

Last edited:

Maxcustody

Explorer
White like most of our other GOV vehicles. Bet they are headed somewhere with the GOV.............already purchased and waiting to go

lugal

Something State is up to. According to my BIL, who works logistics, they only use Land Cruisers overseas. My guess is they're here to get kitted out before being shipped out somewhere else.

slides

If it’s an unmarked building I would assume some type of Government contract group especially with that many land cruiser w/ snorkels. Magnum Research has a base here in Minnesota, but you wouldn’t know where it is unless you knew the address. No markings on the building or anything just a small sign in the winder that says magnum research and all the glass is tinted you can’t even see in.

r3run33

Adventurer
i guess if you can get a VIN# on any of them we could find out; seems really unfair that these can be brought in modified and sent out; can't we keep some over here ??? lol I understand some safety requirements etc somebody got them in here??? lets ask around. i do know know if they are diesels most toyota dealerships can't service them right???

fireball

Explorer
The snorkel on the 200 series is UGLY.

The one of the 70-series is gorgeous, and I wish I could find a factory airbox to that I can get a snorkel kit for my BJ74.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl