Introducing the "Overland Junk Drawer"

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Keep your adventure rig organized and safe with the “Overland Junk Drawer”.

This heavy duty tote is made to haul just about anything and everything. Load it down with your food and sodas on a road trip, then carry it over to the campsite from the car. Strap it down on your passenger seat and have quick and easy access to maps, radios and whatever else you may need at a moments notice. Made from heavy duty cordura nylon and it folds down flat for easy stow away when not in use. The bottom features non-skid feet and the carrying handle has a quick disconnect buckle. The rear also has a cover flap for minor dust protection. Available in Black only.

MSRP $49.99 each.

Right now we're offering up FREE SHIPPING for this item until December 31, 2011 for the lower 48 only. Just enter promo code at checkout: holidayfreeship

Attachments

• IMG_2108 copy.JPG
    IMG_2108 copy.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2114 copy.JPG
    IMG_2114 copy.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_2126 copy.JPG
    IMG_2126 copy.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_2131 copy.JPG
    IMG_2131 copy.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2137 copy.JPG
    IMG_2137 copy.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_2134 copy.JPG
    IMG_2134 copy.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2146 copy.JPG
    IMG_2146 copy.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2156 copy.JPG
    IMG_2156 copy.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2171 copy.JPG
    IMG_2171 copy.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Hafwit

Adventurer
That looks very useful. How rigid is it? In other words, does it hold its shape well so that flimsy things that you don't want to tip over will stay upright? What are the dimensions?

Thanks,
Greg

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Oh, now that's pretty darn nice. I usually collect different range bags and what not to organize my gear. That looks pretty flippin' sweet and could replace them all.

Can you put "tactical" or "extreme" in the description, too? ;)

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Thank you for the kind words fellas. We've been using our prototype for the last 6 months and it's never missed a trip. Works great, especially in the back of our Teardrop trailer in the cubby holes. We actually run two of them now.

That looks very useful. How rigid is it? In other words, does it hold its shape well so that flimsy things that you don't want to tip over will stay upright? What are the dimensions?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg, it has plastic inserts that slide in and zip closed that make the bag rigid. The dimensions of the tote are 15"x15". The walls are 8" tall upfront and 11" on the rear.

Here's some more photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2116 copy.JPG
    IMG_2116 copy.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2123 copy.JPG
    IMG_2123 copy.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2129 copy.JPG
    IMG_2129 copy.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2121 copy.JPG
    IMG_2121 copy.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 154

JamesDowning

Explorer
Looks like there is a cover for the back half in some of your pictures, does that extend all the way to the front buckle to cover the entire top? Is that what the first picture, above, is showing?

joneseyyy

Explorer
Oh, now that's pretty darn nice. I usually collect different range bags and what not to organize my gear. That looks pretty flippin' sweet and could replace them all.

Can you put "tactical" or "extreme" in the description, too? ;)

Careful, the "tactical" version is $100 more.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Looks like there is a cover for the back half in some of your pictures, does that extend all the way to the front buckle to cover the entire top? Is that what the first picture, above, is showing?

The integrated cover flap is for the rearward 1/3 of the tote. It's a pretty large compartment.

jim65wagon

That is nice. Gives me bad ideas for spending good money. We've been using a MAD bag to carry maps, cameras, kindles and such in the truck cab on our trips. Way less organized with it being just a duffle. The tactical version is probably kevlar or some similar material with titanium inserts. I like the less tactical version better...it's a nice shade of black so it matches the truck!

yubert

Explorer
Keep your adventure rig organized and safe with the “Overland Junk Drawer”.

Made from heavy duty canvas and it folds down flat for easy stew away when not in use.

Are you sure it's made from canvas? The material looks like abrasion resistant Cordura nylon.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
does is stow well also, not sure I want to "stew" it :)
Just picking on you Dave.
Watch for an order from me tomorrow as I think it will really beat the messenger bag I have been trying to use

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
You got it Lance, like i said.. one of those days. Been under the jeep and trying to type on a computer isn't working well for me today :)

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Hey guys, thank you for all the orders!

Here's a short, quick and dirty video clip of how to assemble your OJD when it arrives..

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Can hear the audio but no video on my iPad. :(

Would be interested in a unit where all compartments can be securely closed so that things don't 'jump' out in rough terrain. Did i read that right that it can be secured to the passenger seat? How is it secured?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal