Introduction

notarubicon

Whats up Name is Nate I currently live in Northern VA.Refered here by korisu56. Soon my familiy and I will be moving to Fort Carson Colorado. I have a 2008 JK unlimited. My plan is to make it a good expo vehicle but am new to the off roading world. Love the outdoors and love jeeps. Lookin for advice.

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
Welcome aboard!!! :sombrero:

If you haven't been to Ft Carson before, I think you and your family will like the area. Lots of great terrain for the family and the Jeep close by.

xr8dxj

Adventurer
Welcome Nate. I live in Colorado Springs and "work" on Fort Carson as well. Look me up when you get in town.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
My old man spent plenty of time at Ft Carson, this thread brings back memories of BDUs covered in red dirt on the bathroom floor.

ox4mag

Explorer
Welcome to the board and great to have you here. What all do you have planned as far as off-highway travel with your JK? Let us know and if you have any photos of your rig, post them up!

Welcome aboard!

notarubicon

here is the most current photo of the jeep i will see what else i have lyin around
100_0086.jpg

I dont really know what i want to do with it yet so i am lookin around here to get ideas

Last edited:

jagular7

Adventurer
Biggest hinderance is the locale you are in. Not much of exporation in that neighborhood. You need to move from the metro area. I moved about 10yrs ago and stopped in KC. A lot better but not completely exploration wise. But I'm 10 hrs from Denver and under 20 from UT which as lots and lots of backroads through legal land.

If you like the exploring aspect with camping, check out Big Dogs. They had in the past an exploration style trailride with camping. It was in PA so I'm not sure what they do now (that was over 10 yrs ago).

Have you checked with your local 4wd clubs in the area? They probably visit GWNF for a trip or 2 a year, may hit the ORV parks in PA. You could join up and get an understanding of the wheeling environment. Many clubs travel on Friday, setup camp, wheel on Sat, camp, then wheel little more Sunday morning before breaking camp and heading home.

Since you are in northern VA, check out the VA beach (Chincotique?sp?) where the wild horses roam freely.

ox4mag

Explorer
You're not too terribly far from the Blue Ridge Mtns in Tennessee and there are a number of areas there you can travel backcountry. Also, West Virginia has a ton of really cool stuff outside of Charleston.

By the way, great looking rig. :victory:

notarubicon

I am actually tryin to go out with some guys from Militaryjeepers.com to GWNF next weekend. I am new to the whole 4wd and jeepin world i did a lot of campin growin up thanks to the boy scouts.

xr8dxj

Adventurer
I am actually tryin to go out with some guys from Militaryjeepers.com to GWNF next weekend. I am new to the whole 4wd and jeepin world i did a lot of campin growin up thanks to the boy scouts.
Good deal... because of your intro post here, I went and got me one them militaryjeepers.com accounts too! Just 'cuz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design