Isuzu MU Opinions

wingerak92

I searched the entire forum and could barely find any mention of this rig. I am looking for a second DD/Rig for hauling my bikes/kayak/hiking gear to the mountains.
I have my eye on a 2 door Blazer ZR2 and then I found a 1991 Isuzu MU (Mysterious Utility)
It is a 2.8L Turbo diesel with only 90,000km on it.
No Rust, etc. It looks like a great rig. I just can't find much for reviews or anything. That's all I'm asking for.
Chances are it will be sold before I get a chance to test drive it or buy it (I don't get access to the funds for a week yet) but I'd still like to hear opinions.

SuperTrooper

Observer
The 2.8 turbo diesel (4JB1) is one of the most reliable and economical engines you can find in a Zu'. It's said that the only things to survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches and the 4JB1. Unfortunately we did not get the diesels here in the USA, but you can find more info on the diesel isuzus at itocuk.co.uk and clubisuzu.com

The MU is the same as the Amigo here in the states. They are a solid truck with a Dana 44 rear end and Isuzu 10bolt up front. Check in at planetisuzoo if you do get it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal