Isuzu npr 4wd

gator70

When a creator plans a build it is important to understand a market value for the end product. My guess is $150K USD. There are so many MB sprinter vans costing $250K USA and this is crazy. Recently some nice Fuzo Fg builds with composite habitats could not sell in the $120K USD level. My guess is theses habitats were not finished and some folks want a turn key purchases as they are not skilled to DIY anything.

gator70

Point of reference: I just watched a youtube where a couple detailed the cost of their Isuzu nps and camper build costing $202,000 Australian

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
Market value is only useful if you want to sell or buy.
I can not buy what I am building, and I intend to keep it for many years, so, 1) Market value is impossible to determine and 2) it is of relatively little interest to me (except for insurance purposes).
When my project is completed, I will need to sell the existing vehicle. Market value of that is important then, but since it is quite different from others, it is also difficult to establish.
Market value is established by the buyers. You only need one.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Last edited:

Ultimark

Interesting things have happened with vehicle pricing since COVID-19, in general they have gone up quite a lot.

Our Isuzu NPS 300 is a single cab chassis manual model, the cheapest configuration possible. The cab chassis was manufactured in 12/2019, delivery to Australia happened (as far as I can tell) either right at the end of December 2019, or in the first week of January 2020. We purchased it on or about the 10th of January 2020.

The base cost, excluding any government charges or taxes or on road costs for the cab chassis, was $68,495.00 AUD. If you wished for a crew cab model, I seem to remember it was about another $4,000.00 AUD. Adding an AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) added about $4,000.00 AUD as well.

Now on top of that price, we required a tray, super singles, complete suspension change, extra fuel tank, some bar work, extra spare (six wheels) and stuff like that. If you do the maths you can see that before these vehicles arrived at todays prices, they weren't cheap then, but it was reasonable value if it did what you wished it to do legally, safely and comfortably.

Fast forward to today, what we paid in January 2020, $68,495.00 is now approximately $97,000 AUD plus on road costs and government taxes. This is a 41% increase from the manufacturer, let alone the secondary manufacturers that will be doing the conversions.

Late last year a couple I know received their 2023 manufactured NPS 300, it is a single cab chassis, super singles, tray and some other stuff which set them back $170,000 AUD. Then when they got it home they added their slide-on camper.

Costs of these vehicles, seems to have gone ballistic, but the reality that I see is that most automobile manufacturers have put their vehicle prices up similar amounts to what I've just said, which is somewhere around a 40% price increase.

Mick.

gator70

Even so, the prices in the USA for Revels or Storytellers are $250k US. Just MB sprinter based. And they are far from the Isuzu nps in capability and habitat options

gator70

I have introduced myself before. My current project is based on this thread started 45 days ago. In 2025-2026 I will start a Unimog u300 project. For now I will park that at my sons house in Germany.

gator70

Since we are building out the 4wd for a US 2wd, other folks might want to get data on the process and solutions. We start with 2004 f550 axles. As we want leaf springs. The weight GVWR will be the same. You must buy the NPR HD. We want crawl gears like a unimog to save the transmission, so we go with the dual transfer case adaptor.

Attachments

• dual.JPG
    dual.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 9

gator70

How low can you crawl with 4:88 axles?

The Adapter kit allows you to mate the reduction box portion of a NP203 transfer case to the stout NP205. The addition of the NP203 range box gives the option to run either transfer case independently in high or low (1:1, 2:1) or to run both in low (2:1 x 2:1) and DOUBLE your reduction for an astounding 4:1 low!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94