Isuzu npr 4wd

gator70

Update on the project. I pivoted. Because of warranty I went with Ridgerock. Today the truck arrived at the factory.

Attachments

• 1828163544235973150.jpg
    1828163544235973150.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 4

gator70

The habitat production started and will be done mid September. It is turn key. I designed the subframe, have CAD drawings and will outsource the welding. The subframe and habitat have identical frame structures. Allowing a perfect fit as the habitat is lifted onto the truck.

gator70

The habitat is a composite product like total composite engineering, and the bottom has an exposed frame. To attach this underside frame, a interior subfloor is built from a smaller steel tube structure with welded plates for a sandwich attachment to the underside frame. As attachment to composite panels is problematic.

gator70

The truck interior seats will be replaced with captain chairs. Using theses seats

Attachments

• seat_mine.JPG
    seat_mine.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 5

gator70

The habitat comes with a passthrough door. Time to plan the rear of the cab engineering. Unlike some builders I don't see a need to connect the two. If the cab passthrough door is a tambour style , and the habitat is a normal composite door, a human can climb through. The habitat and cab will be 100mm apart. So yes there is a space the human must crawl through. Now is the time to plan this. To prepare the cab, I will cut a thicker sheet of aluminum, the exact size as the rear window, then have a auto glass company remove the rear window and with a new gasket replace it with the aluminum sheet shape.

Attachments

• tamdoor.JPG
    tamdoor.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh