Isuzu Trooper Maintenance Schedule

Zaphod

Adventurer
I've not had a chance to check my Helm Manual, but I was wondering if there is an "official" maintenance schedule for the 2000 Isuzu Trooper?

I ask because my rig is now up to 95K miles and, while still going strong, I'm worried about such things as the timing belt and such. I wouldn't mind taking it in somewhere that knows what they're doing and drilling whatever the hell holes it is that the engine needs to fix this DAMNED oil-burning problem once and for all! :violent-smiley-031:

Anyway, as usual, any and all advice appreciated. I might even be willing to try doing this myself. :Wow1:

outsidr

Adventurer
Ok so manufacturer recommends that you follow a simple 5K, 15K, 30K, 60K regiment then it starts over at 60.

So you would be between the 90K and 120K which are both
Replace oil and air filter, rotate tires, check and adjust brake pedal height, r/r rear diff fluid, replace engine coolant, alignment, fuel filter, power steering fluid replace, Lubricate chassis, Check battery, top all fluids inspect, inspect steering and suspension, inspect emission system....

120 would be the same

FYI, Transmissions are warranted until 105,000 for original owner and that is how long they last. Check your Trans fluid and filter to insure they are in shape and have the transmission flushed if you have not in the past 30K.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
The auto trannies have issues around 105,000 miles? That surprises me. How do the manual trannies seem to fare?

Incusus

Adventurer
Shovel said:
installed a huge cooler and a remote filter kit (uses Ford engine oil filters, change every

thats BRILLIANT. Where did you put the cooler & filter setup? What type/brand did you use? I'm hugely interested in knowing...

Incusus

Adventurer
Fantastic, thanks Shovel :victory: !

I had been tossing the idea around about a remote filter on my '99 as I have been doing partial (<3 qts) fluid swaps anyway every 5K miles to try to clear out the gunk that the previous owner let build up in there, and thought there HAD to be a better way to keep things clean and facilitate draining/filling.

The cooler is an even better idea, I'll have to work something up for my '99... hmm..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online