Iveco Massif

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
An other brand new, supercool 4x4 workhorse that will most likely never make it to the US. Design-wise it looks like the Spanish Santana (which actually Land Rover Defender license), but it is marketed by the Italian truck manufacturer Iveco. Santana used to use Iveco engines, so I am not exactely sure who got who and what happened. All I know is that it is marketed as new 4x4 workhorse in Europe. Enjoy :)
http://www.massif.iveco.com/

haven

Expedition Leader
Massif

Nice find!

Here's the story, according to Edmunds Inside Line.

massif-5.jpg

Some years ago, a Spanish truck manufacturer called Santana licensed the rights to build the Defender from Land Rover. Later, building on the experience gained manufacturing the Defender, Santana developed an off-road model of its own called the Massif. Santana became an Iveco partner in 2006, and the updated Massif was born.

Power for the Massif will be provided by a Fiat 3.0L 4 clyinder turbodiesel that produces 176 hp and 295 ft-lb. The transmission is a ZF six speed model.

Like the Defender and the Land Cruiser 78, the Massif will be available in short and long wheelbase models, 3 and 5 door SUVs, a pickup and a cab/chassis. Here's the pickup version:

massif-3.jpg

The Massif is one of three models in Iveco's off-road line. The others are the Daily 4x4 (a 4x4 van similar to the Mercedes Sprinter), and the Trakker (a heavy duty 6x6 and 4x4 truck similar to MAN's off-road trucks)

Edmunds says Iveco is thinking about entering the USA market!

Chip Haven

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Thanks Chip for filling in the blanks. Would be great if Iveco would come with the Massif to the US!!

BTW, Santana also built the Suzuki Samurai under license; my Sami I had in Switzerland was built by Santana.

PeterM

Santana was onwned by Suzuki for some years and produced Samurais to save custom duties. They still manufacture the diesel Jimnys.

A remark to the Daily 4x4: This is the former SCAM with a Daliy cabin, with different frame and live axles it's not comparable to a 4x4 Sprinter, but a real truck.

Regards,
Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3