JK Coil over kit, first ride

Bobs boot camping

in the 4x4 industry
So, I was out at Johnson Valley OHV at GoatFest this weekend. I got a chance to ride in the passenger seat of the prototype bolt on Rubicon Express coil over kit JK. Now the basics of this ride are 37" tires on alloy wheels, 4.5 inch of lift on a Radius style long arm kit with 3 link rear, Atlas t case, G2 axles with the new air locker. We started by wheeling up Chocolate thunder
IMG_2206.jpg
Then swung around and went up claw hammer
cal getting passed.jpg
IMG_2242.jpg
Then down the hill and out of the wash. There was a sand storm coming and the threat of last one back to camp buys the beer, so Ryan punched it and we were off. Let me just say, this rig is impressive. For a bolt on kit that still needs some tuning and on a 2DR short wheel base and no front sway bar.. Well lets just say, in a 2 car race, we weren't buying the beer and the second car is a king of the hammers race buggy. The coil over set worked flawlessly. When we connected to other trails and road the wake over the handling was predictable and didn't buck. The air bumps you could hear and feel engage but didn't slam. If you want to boogie at speed over rough terrain in a rig you can take the kids to dance practice in, I highly recommend this upgrade. With the added ability to tune the spring rates and pre load on the springs it will make it so you can adjust the ride to your needs and likes. Now, i didn't get to ride this rig on the road, but it drove there and drove back to San Diego with all the camping gear. It really does need the front sway bar. This would be perfect for a 4dr.

Bobs boot camping

in the 4x4 industry
The talk around the campfire was april may ish. The air bumps in the old coil buckets was a nice touch as well. Very clean set up and yeah all bolt on.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sounds like the same sort of set up Rebel Offroad makes. Super cool bolt in solution.

1112-4wd-02%2B2011-jeep-wrangler-jk-rebel-offroad-coilover-conversion%2Bshock-mounts.jpg

attachment.php

Bobs boot camping

in the 4x4 industry
Nice set up, id like to get a ride in that one and compare. They all have the same issue in the rear. Those lower mounts get hung up on everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk