JK seating replacement options

Rayholio

So, I'm mighty unhappy with the stock JK seats.. particularly the buckets in the front...

After an hour or so it 'em I am ready to just buy a plane ticket..

I've been spoiled by my wifes Jag.... and I never expect to reach that level of comfort in an off roader..... but are there any seat options for the JK which will make it a more comfortable ride on longer journeys?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Ironically, the 8-way power seats in my Jeep are more comfortable than the seats in our other 2 cars. As for options, the world is your oyster, without knowing your height, weight, and driving habits, it doesn't give us much to go on.

And keep in mind it is a Jeep, so seats will help but they can only do so much. The Jag has independent suspension on all 4 corners that likely has more impact on driving comfort than just the seats.

There are more options than you can shake a stick at, but like the previous reply said, without knowing your conditions it's hard to point you in an exact direction.

What year of JK do you have?
Do you have any physical complications that may need attention? i.e. back problems.
What are you using your JK for? i.e. rock crawling, overlanding, DD?

Best of luck on your search, but just pick up a Jeep mag or start googling, you'll come across plenty of options.

-CK

Rayholio

I'm 6'2" and 240lb...
I own an '07 JKU RUB (did they change the seats in the '11s?)..
No particular back problems..
JK is DD, but I'm working on outfitting it as an overland vehicle as well.. I've done a little rock crawling, quite a bit of primitave road traveling.. it has an OME lift and suspension..

I don't really know what to look for in a seat until I sit in it a while.. sorta like selecting a bed.. you just gotta use it before you know if it's good to go.. That said; I feel like the current seat could use a few more adjustments at the very least... some areas (like the bolsters, and lumbar) seem like they could use more support.. other areas (like the seat) feel like they could use more padding..

The Lift, and suspension made the ride better in most ways.... and I took it on little road trips before and after the lift.. no noticable difference in comfort... I'm 99% sure that it's the seat and not my expectations... I actually found my dodge neon to be a lot more comfortable on longish trips... which is sad. And that's really where I'm looking for the difference.. on road travel.

I know the quadratec line.. and that's about all I've seen... it looks to me like all of the options for seating are 'racing style' seats.. the selling point appears to be a 5 point harness... which I hope I never need. :)

Here's my wife, my jeep, and I

250455_1366901548477_1709848623_611574_47943_n.jpg

Rayholio

I don't care much about adjustable head rests.. It's not like I rest my head while driving anyhow :)

Those Corbeau look pretty snazzy... wonder if there are any reviews out there on 'em? I'll see what i can find..

Yes, the 2011 model JK's had a whole schlew of refinements done on the interiors and the seats are 100% better than the older models. Go test try the new seats and if you like them I'm sure you could order a set. Again, best of luck.

Rayholio

Yes, the 2011 model JK's had a whole schlew of refinements done on the interiors and the seats are 100% better than the older models. Go test try the new seats and if you like them I'm sure you could order a set. Again, best of luck.

Doh! I sorta hate to hear that.. I'm already fighting the urge to order a 2012.... The new engine is a huge selling point.. The new 5 speed auto transmission is a huge selling point.. I hear that they have a REAL orange color coming back to the line.. a huge selling point for me.. And now more comfortable seats..... :/ How am I going to break the news to my wife? LOL

Only thing I don't like about the newer jeeps is 1. the interior is a little more refined than I would like.. and 2. If they ever come out with deisel.. I'll be upgrading without a doubt... even if I JUST purchased a 2012.

Looks like I'll have to go test drive one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven