Kia Sorento?

datrupr

Expedition Leader
From my understanding they are actually a pretty capable little truck with a 2 speed transfer case to boot (very rare in this day and age in an SUV). I remember seeing a video of one pulling a Jeep out of a water hole from somewhere in central Arizona.

paulj

Expedition Leader
It was the runnerup choice when I bought my Element. Plusses were its more conventional 4wd abilities, a bit more interior space, more 'luxury' items. Negatives were poor gas mileage, less obvious camping oriented interior. Also, on the test drive, the steering wasn't quite to my taste. At low speeds there was too much steering boost.

I have also talked with a couple who traded in a 2nd generation RAV4 for a Sorento, and were quite happy with change.

paulj

NewFoundFreedom

Adventurer
well here is an update. I have had the Sorento for a while now and it has been great. I jump started a boat with it while the boat was in the lake. The air intake is high up above the head lights so I liked that. The ride is awesome and it has plenty of power. I took it wheeling and it did fine. It could use some more clearance which is why I am getting the Old Man Emu lift kit. There are skid plates, snorkels and roof rack for them. So far so good. I will post a build thread soon. Just waiting on some skids and the lift to start the build up.

preacherman

Explorer
as crazy as it may sound the kia actually beat the toyota FJ in the 4 wheel and off road 4x4 of the year test. Seems to be a great little rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal