Lil expo Rig

wesel123

Explorer
14 miles per gallon in my Runner was killing me with my drive. So I went on the hunt for a cheap, fun to drive gas miser. Two weeks ago I bought a Honda Fit, two days after I bought it I was rear ended, it was fixed in a cuple days but it was the same. Combined with really uncomfortable seat I traded it in yesterday for this little toy.

SX4Front.jpg

SX4Side.jpg

SX4Rear.jpg

Oh and Fergie be nice......:jump:

You'll have to let us know what mileage you get with that thing. There is a blue one calling my name from a local dealership.... I like it! :elkgrin:

Bjorn

wesel123

Explorer
Thank god. I registerd 28.7 mpg. This was 50% Hwy and 50% streets.

And only $35 to fill up at 3.85 per gallon. Waaaaaaayyyyy better than a 80 fillup and only 14 mpg.

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
keep us updated

The wife is interested in the little Suzie and it would be interesting to get a semi regular review.

What do you say, 2" lift and 24s?

Jim

wesel123

Explorer
jfm_stl said:
The wife is interested in the little Suzie and it would be interesting to get a semi regular review.

What do you say, 2" lift and 24s?

Jim

Tjenin (or how ever you spell it) has a 1" lift. But the Australian Version stock suspension is about 1 3/4" lift. Gonna try that route if i need to lift it (Ill need to romp it for a while to see if I really need it). Tire wise I wanna keep the same size to keep the MPG the same.

On the other hand this is what I've done so far.
SX4WRackFront.jpg

SX4WRackside.jpg

Review wise so far its a great little car!!!! I find myself wanting to drive it everywhere, my poor Runner is feeling neglected. It handles great, has enough umph and very comfortable.

More to come.........

wesel123

Explorer
olympiccop2002 said:
28 mpg and AWD! Nice! Now will a baby stroller fit in the back? :)

Bjorn

Yep!!!! We have a B.O.B. and it fits with the front wheel taken off (which is super easy).

adrenaline503

Explorer
My wife is looking into one of these. Have you noticed any paint chipping on the hood or sides? i have heard this is a problem with this particular car.

wesel123

Explorer
adrenaline503 said:
My wife is looking into one of these. Have you noticed any paint chipping on the hood or sides? i have heard this is a problem with this particular car.

Nothing yet. I've got 1500 miles so far. And haven't noticed anything. I'll go out at lunch and double check.

As a side note this car gets better with age. I have more fun driving it now than I did when I bought it. Which is totally weird for me cuz I typically change cars like underware.....but this one is gonna stay for quite a while. I've dropped to 26mpg 50/50 driving but I think thats due to me driving it harder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3