Looking for some rough trailer specs

KG5CPA

Hey all,
I've been lurking for awhile and am looking for some specs on a trailer. Mainly, what is the "range" of ground clearance? I've got a 5x8 trailer that was built from scratch by my wife's uncle. He was a blacksmith and this sucker is solid. All diamond plate, short sides, ramps, and 15" tires. Problem is it's got a drop axle. I was going to do a spring over until i found that. Now I'm just looking to replace with a new axle. We are going to pull it behind a suburban that's been leveled with slightly larger tires, nothing extreme. I figure I'll just level it with the burb. I'll put up some pics when i figure out how. It won't have a tent or anything, since we'll be sleeping in the burb. Mainly a gear hauler/kitchen, etc...

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: A good rule of thumb, trailer clearance should be AT LEAST that of the towing vehicle and your Burb probably has less than 10" ground clearance--

Another good idea is to add a skid plate to protect the axle and also alow you to "DRAG" the trailer over rocks/logs/Volkswagens/Rangers-etc

DSCF0885_zpsf355a3bb.jpg

My plate is 14" clearance=

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner