LR4 Auxiliary Light Switch Options

parkwilliams

I recently installed PIAA 570 LED's on the ARB bumper of my 2012 LR4. I just don't like the looks of the PIAA switch in the cab. I'd much rather have something OEM looking like what I've seen on several LR3's. Does anyone know of an OEM auxiliary light switch for LR4's? Or, has anyone come up with a good looking solution? I'm planning on adding more lights on the roof rack so having the option of adding additional switches would be helpful. Thanks for your help!

LR4.jpg

unseenone

Explorer
VUB502860 - Fitting/Mounting kit for Driving Lght Switch. Includes templates, mount, cover, & instructions to mount the switch
(note: the fittmet instructions can also be found on TOPIX in the "Driving Light Kit" instructions)

XKB500080 - Driving Light Switch

I hope this helps.

perkj

Explorer
VUB502860 - Fitting/Mounting kit for Driving Lght Switch. Includes templates, mount, cover, & instructions to mount the switch
(note: the fittmet instructions can also be found on TOPIX in the "Driving Light Kit" instructions)

XKB500080 - Driving Light Switch

I hope this helps.

VUB502860 is the LR3 Fitting/Mounting Kit for the driving light switch and not for the LR4. According to the instructions for installing the auxiliary lighting kit on TOPIX, the LR4's driving light switch mounts to the right of the gear selector down and not up near the GPS screen like it does on the LR3. I don't know the part number for the LR4, but you should be able to go to any LR Dealer and they could tell you. The light switch may or may not be the same, so you'll want to verify that as well.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
This is where I had mine on the LR3. It was a PIA to install, with full functionality and integration into the highbeams and so forth. As far as the switch itself, that was pretty easy.

IMG_3251-XL.jpg

unseenone

Explorer
The above part numbers are for the kit for the LR3, we just need to locate the LR4 part numbers. I finally found the LR4 factory install manual, so if you need it drop me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send it to you. It hasn't got switch part numbers in it, still researching it, but it shows all the bits and pieces and the wiring diagram, etc.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Observer
I installed RIGID Duallys on my ARB front bumper and did this install for the light switch - very clean! I did drill into the stock plate, but it looks great and the perfect location. Plus, it's easier to replace the light plate than the dash since I wanted a clean install and had to drill a hole. If you want more details, I can provide further instructions.

Lights off:

Lights on:

Here is my LR4:

Last edited:

parkwilliams

Finlayforprez I really like the way you've integrated the RIGID switch. Unfortunately the PIAA switch isn't nearly as pretty so I don't know if I could make that work.

I talked to the local LR dealer parts guy and it appears as though LR doesn't sell the individual auxiliary light switch for the LR4. You have to buy the entire auxiliary light kit which comes with the lights and wiring harness (Part # VPLAV0019) for $975. Back to square one...

Does anyone have the measurements on the LR3 switch? Maybe I can find a place for that in the dash somewhere.

Finlayforprez

Observer
Finlayforprez I really like the way you've integrated the RIGID switch. Unfortunately the PIAA switch isn't nearly as pretty so I don't know if I could make that work.

You are probably right, as I have seen the PIAA switch and it's a bit bulky and odd. I don't think the switch will fit, as it was a tight fit for my RIGID - but worked perfectly. Keep us posted - I am curious what you come up with to mount the switch.

zelatore

Explorer
Unless you're trying to intergrate it into the system like the stock LR3 switch you can use pretty much anything you like. David's (finlayforprez) switch may be the unit provided with his Ridged lights, but it's a pretty common style switch. Since you'll likely be using a relay to actualliy power the lights themselves you can just go down to Radioshack or whatever local electronics parts house you may have and look for any SPST switch. Lighting is always an option too (as David's), but again common in the industry.

If you want about a million switch options (well maybe only 50,000 but who's counting?), try somebody like Digikey, though they might be a bit overwhelming!
www.digikey.com

unseenone

Explorer
If you do the LR3 switch, maybe it will fit on the curved edge on either side of the steering column. I will measure the switch for you. At a glance it's about 1/2"x3/4".

umbertob

Adventurer
I installed the switch for my Llams height control module on the RH lower steering column "shroud", opposite the side where the electric column control is. There should be plenty of room there for a switch, easy enough to reach while driving and hidden from view in case you find an unsightly switch... It is definitely easier to install a switch there than on the dash.

LR4llamsswitch-X3.jpg

llams-switch2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues