M101 3/4-ton manual/dimensions?

1x1_Speed_Craig

Does anyone have a link to an online manual for the M-101 3/4-ton trailer? I'm interested in the dimensions for the fore/aft positioning of the tongue where it attaches to the bed, and the fore/aft axle location. I realizeed I'm going to have to locate my tongue on the underside of my frame rails to get the proper tongue height for my tow vehicle, and thought I'd consider a dump bed set-up in the process.

Thanks,
Craig

jagular7

Adventurer
I've tried that idea of a dump bed with a US mil M101 trailer. In theory and as empty bed, with the parking brake set on the trailer and the tow vehicle in reverse, it will tilt. Trailer tongue was level.
However, if there is any heavy weight in the bed balanced forward of axle, the tilting idea doesn't quite work well. But alas, that also depends on the capability of the brake to hold the tire and the friction of the tire on the terrain to minimize rotation. By doing the reverse with the tow vehicle, you are basically rotating the frame of the trailer wrt to the axle/suspension to get the dumping action.

1x1_Speed_Craig

Neat trick, I never thought of doing that.

Here's a link to some documentation:
http://85.19.179.47/~tomas/documentation/trailers/TM 9-2330-202-14&P.pdf

And here is some more info on the trailer series. The main difference in revisions seem to be the wheel size, based on the current prime mover.

http://www.olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_m101_trailer.php

Great info, but I couldn't find a fore-aft measurement on the location of the tongue pivot.

Can any of you M101A2 owners take a measurement of the pivot from the front of the tub to the center of the pivot bolt, and from the back of the but to the center of the pivot bolt?

Can you owners also confirm the bed length, and the position of the axle centerline from the front (and rear) of the tub?

Much appreciated!
Craig

jagular7

Adventurer
Off gov't liq, in Ft. Riley, KS, this tag is off a M101A2.

21920071.jpg
21920072.jpg

It doesn't give you all the necessary data you are looking for. I no longer have a M101 so I can't get the frame dimensions you are looking for. If you websearch the TM, you may find more frame dimensions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicotoup