M101A3 Tonneau Cover Options?

campnfamily

Hi! We just got a 'new to us' M101A3 (super excited!! : ) and we'd really like to put a solid lockable cover on it (for critters / bears, so we can leave stuff in it at camp). My dream cover would be a two sided roll up cover like the BAK revolver that rolls inward from both front and back. Definitely considering getting two and mounting in the middle and engineering it to work out, but can't seem to find someone at Bak that will help figure out sizes available (they just want the make and model of your truck.....tell them it's a trailer and, well the discussion doesn't go far....but I'll keep trying : ). Also like the Extang Encore because it opens two directions but it sounds like it only comes in 3 panels which means with the RTT rack it won't open very much, and they too couldn't help with equivalent truck bed sizes. I've also contacted Diamondback, who have been the best on the phone, but like the Encore I'm concerned that the panels won't open very far without actuating the RTT (kinda a pain if you just want to grab something quick from the bed). Any other suggestions / ideas. I've seen that the bed size may be similar to an early 70s Dodge Ram.... THANKS!

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

dstock

Explorer
Congrats on your purchase, I'm guessing I know the original owner :)

I was able to get enough access to the front and rear on my trailer with the Diamondback, without having to use the actuators in most cases. The Diamondback is a great product, super solid, durable, and super nice people. I've changed our trailer setup but I'm keeping the Diamondback as I'm sure one day down the road our trailer will be used more for utility and the cover will come in very handy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk