Material for new window curtains source?

mtran2000

Observer
I am going to put new curtains all the way around in my Tiger RV and I am looking for a subtle southwestern design. Something with blue and brown to tie everything together. (sofa,floor and cabinetry)

I am having a hard time finding anything locally and not really finding what I want online. Anyone have a good source they use? Doesn't have to be thick curtain material as I can use regular cloth and double it to make good curtains that keep light out.

Thanks
Mark

stkshooter

Observer
A good fabric store should have something. You can add backing of diff. color so people looking in see white vs print. I was just in fabric store looking for curtain edging and they had fabric, leather, canvas, etc.

BaseCamp

Observer
So I've made curtains for every camper I've had and since I use my campers in the winter a ton(ski bum) I always made them with this:

http://www.joann.com:80/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat3217&PRODID=prd56975

Keep an eye out in the paper, every couple weeks they will have a 50% off coupon so you can get this fabric for about 10-15 a yard rather than 30, 100% worth it though. You can use whatever fabric you want for the inside, but I think the white or cream tend to look good against the window. If you have any questions regarding a good way to sew it, just ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh