Mercedes Sprinter 311 4x4.. Hi

marktinkerman

marktinkerman
Hi from new member with "new" vehicle
I've just got myself a 2001 sprinter 311 4x4 and am trying to contact people with knowledge about them specifically the 4x4 parts and the electronics.
I'm an old style mechanic/tinkerman but have little knowledge about the ECU sytem... have seen interface leads for sale but don't know which if any are good and if I did have one don't know pro's and con's of altering settings.
I have manual which covers the Sprunter 311 but not the 4x4 part... any suggestions for where to get info welcome.
I've also just started a facebook group ... Sprinter 4x4 appreciation group,... in the hope of meeting other lovers/owners...

vehicle was fitted with a bed n insulation all of which I've stripped out and am in the process of seriously derusting vehicle and fixing minor problems with it such as flapping drive belt at tickover, transmission vibes at lowrevs ( propshaft spline seemed to be 90degree out of line)... find out if correct guess when I get the sidedoor back on (I got it in the workshop at the moment welding new bottom on it)

suspension seems to be lower on left hand side (100 litre fuel tank that side) so trying to find cure. tech info for 4x4 parts would help .
thanks Mark

Norbullitt

Hi and welcome :)

I dont know much about these, but they seem like a great platform for a build.
Lots of interior space, and decent ground clearance.

From time to time I see one locally here. It has larger tires and some extra lighting.
Sort of looks like an overlanding vehicle, but I dont know for sure. Never got to talk to the owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk