New Conqueror UEV 14 and heat distribution

I posted this over on the Conqueror forum but there isn't much traffic over there.

We picked up a UEV 14 from ROA in early January. I drove it 800 miles home to western Oregon with our '06 4WD Tacoma with factory tow package and it towed very well. I installed airbags in the Taco before heading out and I think they improved the towing a lot on the way back.

The Truma Combi heater is amazing but with only two outlets in the trailer, the heat distribution could be improved. The duct underneath the dinette/rear bed gets uncomfortably hot even when set to 62 and ECO mode. Meanwhile the one vent by the door doesn't blow enough to heat the front. Michael at ROA solved this airflow issue in the UEV 19 video by 3D printing a reducer to balance the airflow. Does anyone know if one is commercially available for this size ducting (2 or 2.5"?)? I would also try a new vent cover with a louvered opening but the round vent covers list online for RVs all appear to be 4".

Thanks for the help.

Grassland

They use smaller ducts due to the high velocity of the system. May or may not work out for you but they have 2" diffuser grilles.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I wonder what the temps are near the heater? I don’t think 3d printing material does well in high heat applications. I would think Truma likely has some type of splitter that allows for flow adjustments given this seems like a typical challenge with any Truma setup

Treefarmer

I wonder what the temps are near the heater? I don’t think 3d printing material does well in high heat applications. I would think Truma likely has some type of splitter that allows for flow adjustments given this seems like a typical challenge with any Truma setup
We'll have five vents in our Truma ducted heat system. I'll be interested to se how they perform.

Since you're a boat guy, have you ever used or heard of a boat engine compartment heater like the Xtreme Heaters. I was looking at them for RV applications in extreme cold weather. They seem safe to be left on unattended for long periods of time.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
We'll have five vents in our Truma ducted heat system. I'll be interested to se how they perform.

Since you're a boat guy, have you ever used or heard of a boat engine compartment heater like the Xtreme Heaters. I was looking at them for RV applications in extreme cold weather. They seem safe to be left on unattended for long periods of time.
All the boats with heat I have experience with all use diesel heat Espar. Which is pretty much the defacto standard in both US and Euro boats.

We bought the 2023 model. Just two nights in it so far, but we really like the layout with the bed layouts and the large, open dinette area. It's a very well-built trailer with all the features we need/want. We thought we wanted a campervan (and walked through many of them at Overland Expo PNW) for retirement but once we saw the layout and features of the 2023 UEV 14, we were sold on staying with a trailer. My only complaint is that it's heavier to tow and I need a small HF ladder to reach the outside clasps on the pop-up. ?

We bought the 2023 model. Just two nights in it so far, but we really like the layout with the bed layouts and the large, open dinette area. It's a very well-built trailer with all the features we need/want. We thought we wanted a campervan (and walked through many of them at Overland Expo PNW) for retirement but once we saw the layout and features of the 2023 UEV 14, we were sold on staying with a trailer. My only complaint is that it's heavier to tow and I need a small HF ladder to reach the outside clasps on the pop-up. ?
Good to hear, layout looks really nice. Do you guys sleep in the pop out bed or the permanent front bed? That front bed looks like it might be big enough for two

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I posted this over on the Conqueror forum but there isn't much traffic over there.

We picked up a UEV 14 from ROA in early January. I drove it 800 miles home to western Oregon with our '06 4WD Tacoma with factory tow package and it towed very well. I installed airbags in the Taco before heading out and I think they improved the towing a lot on the way back.

The Truma Combi heater is amazing but with only two outlets in the trailer, the heat distribution could be improved. The duct underneath the dinette/rear bed gets uncomfortably hot even when set to 62 and ECO mode. Meanwhile the one vent by the door doesn't blow enough to heat the front. Michael at ROA solved this airflow issue in the UEV 19 video by 3D printing a reducer to balance the airflow. Does anyone know if one is commercially available for this size ducting (2 or 2.5"?)? I would also try a new vent cover with a louvered opening but the round vent covers list online for RVs all appear to be 4".

Thanks for the help.

Dont hesitate to reach out if you need any additional support or ideas. We got your back!

ChasingOpenSpaces, we use both beds! Two of us plus two dogs. I have restless legs at night that otherwise would keep my wife up. The front bed is about a double I think and the pull-out bed is hair shy of a king.

Louisd75

Adventurer

Thanks for the help.

I'm a little late and I see that there's already been a recommendation. If that recommendation doesn't work out, I'd recommend taking a look at Sure Marine. They carry a variety of grilles and adapters:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven