New Flex Bow Tent, Questions

greasyfingers

I got a flex bow tent a month ago and was able to set it up today for the first time. My girlfriend who got it for me as a gift ordered the 10'x10' but we were sent the 10'x14'! Not complaining but this thing is HUGE! So my first impressions is that the quality is top notch but I was expecting the canvas to be thicker similar to my dads 30 year old 10'x10' Eureka. So my questions are;

1. Should I water treat the tent now, and if so with what? I know it is pre-treated but I've owned other equipment claiming to be pre-treated but soaked up water on the first use.

2. Where can I find a rain fly large enough for it?

3. Does anyone use desiccant packs while storing their tent? I plan on getting a waterproof duffle bag to store it in. I live in the humid south and was thinking it might be wise to toss in a couple desiccant packs even though the tent is dry. I've had cloths on a dry line all day long in the sun down here and they still feel slightly damp.

Thanks

Honu

lost on the mainland
Don't treat it you spray it down with hose let it dry maybe do this twice is best

Canvas won't need a rain fly :) nice tarps like snow peak or kelty not as nice but nicer $ can be handy to extend rainy living days

Never a fan of storing anything in waterproof setups would rather let them breathe :)

After camping in wet when home setup let dry then store away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven