New Product from TeraFlex: JK Rzeppa High Angle Factory Replacement CV Kit

TeraFlex

The TeraFlex JK high angle Rzeppa factory replacement CV joint kit allows the JK owner to replace a worn or damaged Rzeppa CV joint and retain their factory JK driveline without an expensive upgrade. The high angle CV housing reduces boot failure associated with taller lift heights. This is especially important on JKs with 3 or more inches of lift.

This kit includes the CV joint assembly, high-angle CV housing cap & boot, bolt flanges, socket head bolts, 6mm allen wrench, and low-friction CV grease engineered specifically for the high RPM needs of the JK Rzeppa CV joint. The grease features high viscosity surface bonding characteristics required to properly adhere the grease to all moving surfaces.

These will work for both front and rear drive shafts and both ends.

55c3f5938bcbf00086051b40.jpg

$149.99 retail
In Stock
BUY NOW!https://teraflex.com/shop_items/55c3f57205a25c5bb1173c17

JCDriller

Adventurer
Looks really nice, what torque do you guys recommend when re-installing the front and the rear drive shaft bolts? I never found a clear answer online.

DesertJK

Adventurer
I know this is a year old thread........

Anyone run one of these yet? If so, how much angel will it handle?

I just installed the Teraflex long arm prerunner kit and my angle is really steep with a livable amount of caster in the front. I have a little bit of vibration at some speeds and throttle settings, and the boot hasn't torn in 200 miles. My original lasted 110K miles, most of that with an RK 2.5 lift and LCA's. I'm hoping this joint will handle the angle I have so I don't have to back off of caster, or spend a lot of time and money making reworking my front axle housing. (I'll probably rework/reinforce it, I just didn't want to do it right now)

D.

Greg@RME

Adventurer
I have one sitting in the garage, pulled my driveshaft off and now need to install the Teraflex Rzeppa high-angle parts. Not much help, I know.... but it's in the works!

Greg@RME

Adventurer
I talked to Joe @ TeraFlex today, he asked one of their engineers... these TeraFlex Rzeppa CV's are good for a 6" lift (with THEIR springs, they don't have control over spring heights from other manufacturers.)

I installed mine over the weekend, it was SUPER easy. Took more time to pull the driveshaft than to replace/rebuild the CV! If you're still running a stock front driveshaft on a lifted JK, this is a no-brainer... affordable and easy to upgrade!

20160918_100529-L.jpg

20160918_104840-L.jpg

jwilson2598

Adventurer
I talked to Joe @ TeraFlex today, he asked one of their engineers... these TeraFlex Rzeppa CV's are good for a 6" lift (with THEIR springs, they don't have control over spring heights from other manufacturers.)

I installed mine over the weekend, it was SUPER easy. Took more time to pull the driveshaft than to replace/rebuild the CV! If you're still running a stock front driveshaft on a lifted JK, this is a no-brainer... affordable and easy to upgrade!

20160918_100529-L.jpg

20160918_104840-L.jpg

Greg, were there any special tools you needed for the boot clamp, or any other part? I have one of my rear joints leaking some grease, so I'm thinking about doing one of these as an upgrade replacement.

Greg@RME

Adventurer
Greg, were there any special tools you needed for the boot clamp, or any other part? I have one of my rear joints leaking some grease, so I'm thinking about doing one of these as an upgrade replacement.

No special tools, if you watch the install video they mention a special tool for the clamp, but then mention that you can use a flathead screwdriver to hold the clamp, then a pair of needle nose pliers to tighten it down. It was easy, the whole thing was.

c_ema

Observer
It's possible to know if it work on a front WJ Grand Cherokee driveshaft ?
The WJ have 6 holes an this one 8 correct?
Thanks!!

Last edited:

DesertJK

Adventurer
I have the complete Teraflex Prerunner kit installed now. It's working great, huge improvement over the RK lower arms and RK 2.5" springs I had before.
I have about one degree less caster than stock now. Any more, and I am sure the joint would fail. As it is, I don't think it will last long. I get some vibration at a couple speeds and throttle settings in 2 wheel drive. I have not been able to go anywhere that requires 4 high at speeds around 45-60 mph, generally I would only use that for snow and ice. Crawling in 4 low seems okay, but I have not had a chance to push it yet.
I am hoping this will last at the angle I am running right now. I am really happy with how I set the caster. Steering feels good, and returns to center on it's own pretty well. It drives nicer with less tendency to wander on rural roads at 55-70 mph than it has since it was stock.

I am hoping for a review from Greg@RME after his has been driven, and would love to see the angle his is running at.

Septu

Explorer
Wasn't one of the main reasons people were replacing their DS, wasn't because of the angle, but because the boot would get too close to the exhaust at drop and then the boot would melt and blow the DS? I mean I ended up buying a new DS... however never installed it as I've been waiting for my stock DS to fail (I have the exhaust spacer in). Hasn't happened yet...

DesertJK

Adventurer
Wasn't one of the main reasons people were replacing their DS, wasn't because of the angle, but because the boot would get too close to the exhaust at drop and then the boot would melt and blow the DS? I mean I ended up buying a new DS... however never installed it as I've been waiting for my stock DS to fail (I have the exhaust spacer in). Hasn't happened yet...

I have the Ripp long tube headers. It's close, but not as close as with the stock exhaust, but at the cost of ground clearance and having a nice big stainless pipe hanging out to be smashed. I fix that problem soon.

Greg@RME

Adventurer
... I am hoping for a review from Greg@RME after his has been driven, and would love to see the angle his is running at.

I'll see what I can do, we have a weekend trip planned starting on Saturday and I plan to be in 4H and 4L often.

I understood that the stock CV didn't like running the high angle of a lifted Jeep, it just wasn't meant to be ran beyond the factory limits which is why everyone was replacing them with traditional yokes and u-joints. My stock boot was tore, but it didn't look like heat had anything to do with it, but rather being worked at too much angle.

DesertJK

Adventurer
I'll see what I can do, we have a weekend trip planned starting on Saturday and I plan to be in 4H and 4L often.

Have you driven it in 2 wheel drive at highway speeds? I am ordering one right now anyways. Along with the AEV pro-cal. I never had an issue with the ESP at 2.5 inches of lift and the short RK arms, but now I am pretty sure I am having issues. I don't see the TC light come on, but if I drive around a lot of corners, or if it is really windy, I smell brake/clutch. I really doubt it's my clutch, I can't get it to slip, although I do have 127k on it. But, very little of that was stop and go traffic and I have been a manual transmission user for 30 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven