New (to me) kayak

robert

Expedition Leader
Monday while visiting a friend of my brother I noticed an Old Town Loon 120 sitting in the back of one of his warehouses. Well I asked about it out of curiosity since he buys and sells lots of stuff; "Gimme $150 and load it on your truck" was the reply. Needless to say I shelled out the bills and strapped it on my Yakima rack before he could change his mind. :wings:

It's an older model with the more pointed cockpit opening and no rear hatch but it's in great shape. I figured I'd set it up for easy paddling and kayak fishing and plan on leaving it on my truck most of the time during the summer for those impromptu paddles. I ordered a rod holder, a bagged hatch and some other stuff from kayakfishingstuff.com today.

This is my first recreational kayak and joins my touring and whitewater boats and the canoes. From what I can find on-line it ought to work well for the slow lazy rivers and ponds I have in mind.

Capt Sport

Adventurer
Congrats on the great find. Nothing like heading out paddling or getting a line wet, two of my favorite things that combine well to make a really nice relaxing day. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal