[No Longer Available] 2017 Mitsubishi FUSO FG 4WD $153,000.

Alpina FG

Under 15,000 miles
$158,000
Currently located N. of Chicago
Approx. 150 pictures at >>> alpinaroad.com <<<
Not a dealer. This is my personal motorhome.
Feel free to text interest and I will return a call. 708-205-8348.

The FUSO truck was purchased new. We outfitted the cab with 3 Series BMW Sport seating and a custom console with 3-zone Entertainment, 2-amps, 6 in-cab speakers with a sub-woofer. Aux. Lighting is controlled by the marine switches within the console. Four cameras-front, rear and both sides are directed to the driver’s screen.

The Motorola collision avoidance system is actually quite nice, alerting to lane departure, closing rate to other vehicles and is programmable.

1200 Watts of Renogy solar supports 680 amp hours of lithium storage. The system has two fuels-battery storage and diesel. All mechanical systems and batteries are located within the heated mechanical space. A 3000Watt Sine Wave Invertor handles the 120V needs.

Fully distributed HVAC with 6-ducted supplies and one central return. Espar diesel heat system from Rixen Enterprises with 3 heat exchangers-hot water, forced air and engine pre-start antifreeze heating. Cruise N Comfort AC completes the system. A built in electric 120V Espar heater module can maintain the living space in the winter when plugged into 120V.

The living unit was professionally constructed using 16mm thick Azdel (azdelonboard.com) continuous sheets laminated to welded aluminum heavy-wall 1 x 2 and 2 x 3 welded members with closed cell foam. We have lived at minus 10 F. and easily kept the interior at 75 F.

A PICO Marine (simarine.net) monitor system watches over each circuit and gives real-time information for solar charging, power draw and battery storage. Excellent system.

The 20” square marine boat hatch allows night viewing and easy escape if required. All windows have foam covers for nighttime and winter use. The queen mattress comfort is easily adjusted with air pressure and is tailored for altitude. We have slept at over 10,000 feet many nights.

The bathroom has a Natures Head composting toilet that rolls out of the way for showers. No odor is ever present due to its negative pressure and continuous fan to the exterior. A 35 gallon gray water tank completes the bathroom.

A 27” wide, 12-volt Vitrifrigo marine refrigerator holds enough fresh food for about two weeks. Both ovens are 120V and are powered from the inverter along with several standard outlets and magnetic cooktop. We generally cook outside and relocate the cooktop to a table. There is 97 gallons of fresh water storage in two tanks within the heated mechanical space.

Ample storage is provided by the maple cabinetry. All wood is maple or walnut. A Phantom roll-screen closes over the exterior door when open. All three doors, referred to as “slam doors”, are welded to the internal frame and generally are used for emergency vehicles. Quite robust. The three windows are awning type and fully screened.

The mechanical spaces have held two bikes, skis and a foldable kayak. Both sides are heated, so all mechanicals and batteries are kept warm and monitored by 3 temperature probes through the PICO system. The Espar heater is monitored as well via its own local hot spot on a smart-phone. There is a 120V lithium battery charger as well.

An exterior camera system watches the rear and both sides. Side cameras are triggered by turn signals and display the lane on-screen, while the rear is default on when the truck is running. The front camera is present but never used. Rear high and low backup lighting and front LED are switched from the cab. Under chassis lighting uses red on the stairs flanked by white.

The Warn 16,000 lb winch points to the rear. A carrier supports two spares-never used-with a total of six Continental Scandinavia tires. Winter tire chains are included and not used. A high-lift jack lowers the spare tires. Various tools are included to facilitate a tire change. Other than home driveway practice, we have not had a road emergency or failure.

All Terrain Warriors in Australia supplied the front bumper, wheels, parabolic suspension, shocks and front limited slip differential. Fuso factory provides the rear limited slip. Figure about 12 mpg depending on terrain and a comfortable 60-65 mph. The diesel tank holds 70 gallons. I use a GPS speedo on my phone to monitor speed and an iPad connected to a RAM mount in the cab for GPS mapping.

As the pictures show, the truck was pro-painted before it was ever used on the street. The green is a historic VW Beetle color. We choose to leave all aluminum as “mill finish” but have thought about wrapping the two side top hinged doors in gray.

Dimensions: 11’10” high at the rear-ground to top of solar panel, 85” wide at the rear of the box, Approx 22.5 feet long overall. It’s approx. the footprint of a large pickup truck. 2” receiver hitch and 4-prong plug are present.

As we relocate overseas, we leave behind a fantastic vehicle that will provide lots of future memories. And based on our asking price for what will be almost a new 4WD motor home, we are selling at one half of the cost for an expected quicker sale.

Whoever is the new owner, I intend to make a comprehensive delivery, making sure you fully understand operation and service.

Attachments

• 1050Melody02.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 890
  • 1050Melody05.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 498
  • 1050Melody09.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 454
  • 1050Melody57.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 450
  • 1050MelodyAA07.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 475
E

eugarps

Will your rig sleep two in separate beds or a dinette?
Is there a pass through from the house to the cab?

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Alpina FG

The accommodations are one queen bed up and at the front under the roof hatch. We left one wall where fold down beds could be installed over the eating nook, hinged off of the wall if desired. As built however; one bed.

Take a look at our site: >> alpinaroad.com << for comprehensive photos and videos.

Dimensions on the exterior are approx. 22.5 feet long, 85 inches wide at the rear and 11 feet 10 inches measured at the rear to the top of the solar panels. The bath fan could add about 2" as it curves upward as well.

Felt

Love this build!

It appears that there is rust on the chassis already. Did you apply a rust inhibitor to protect your rig? Most Fuso's up here in the northeast don't hold up without under protection. GLWTS.

Alpina FG

I did apply Fluid-film a couple of times each year and you are right the hour you spend is well worth the results. What is there is extremely superficial as the truck has spent the majority of its life in the West and Southwest. When you buy the trucks new, they come with superficial rust you should treat right away. Almost any medium duty truck. I let it get dry since I was taking pictures and did not want to appear like there was anything to cover up.

Alpina FG

Various dimensions:

Interior height = 92" (7'-8")
Interior Width = 76" (6'-4")
Bath = 36" x 30" and height = 78" (6'-6")
Height top of Mattress to ceiling = 28"
Ladder width = 23"

>>>> Alpinaroad.com <<<<< for pictures and driving videos

mrmrpink

Umm he just texted me it is sold?... thanks, I guess? sold = not available. He now has the orig seats for sale on this site... which he told me he did not have. but now are for sale? I found the 3 series seats not to my liking for a COE. The whole cab "re-design" was not to to my liking. Never mind the CANBUS not working so you only have 7 secs to move seat... I spent 2 nights in this vehicle due to a bank holiday. The seller and I did not agree on a purchase. He made several representations that I did not share his perception of. I would like to think/hope the buyer is not making his purchase sight un-seen. For their sake. PM me if you would like me to share more of my experience with the seller. He did not know how to control the flow of hot vs. cold air. I have video of him attempting to explain his systems/design to me. He fails multiple times. Buyer beware. It is in my opinion very over built, very complicated. The big blue jug is for a water softener FYI. Which is great, who doesn't like Fiji water? Several times the builder/owner was confused on the video I have. The rear tire carrier? It does not work. He had the truck backed-up on an upslope. He still did not have enough height with a piece of ******* custom fabricated "wood platform" to work. I asked him what the eye bolt was for. He shrugged, for whatever? I said maybe you would not be to terrified to use the high-lift if you had a dead man chain to the eye-bolt. He looked at me as if he was not mentally present. I mean no ill will. He told me he also rehabs police explorers, etc. He also claimed to have built high-end homes. I don't know what to think. I wanted to buy it and subtract a lot of what he had done as it is less $ to reduce than add. He may have not liked me stating that. Oh well. Good Luck new buyer!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven