Non US Montero ?

I am checking out some Monteros in other markets for purchase and had a few questions.

Other than motor and transmission are the rest of the vehicles the same? The same models featured lockers, traction control(g3), LSD, things like that?

They probably didn't get the winter package in Panama so did they all come with a locker or none, could be ordered? I haven't seen any with the orange sticker in the 95-99 range down there. They are diesel/manual trans though!

Could you get a gen 3 with a rear locker down there? Did the same thing apply as far as the 01 gen 3 had LSD? It doesn't matter about the 3.5/3.8 5speed auto because I am looking at diesels. A manual diesel 03 is what I am mostly looking at for what I hope is traction control and the newest technology I can find safety wise.

A 95-99 SR with a locker, diesel, manual, would be next choice I that's an option. I dont plan on installing one so I want one stock or the gen 3 LSD/Traction control.

Any cool differences down there? A diesel gen 3 Montero is cheaper down there than a 200k mile gen 2 here. Leaves enough money to have a diesel montero and drive the pan am with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal