Off-GRID ENGINEERING Dual Battery Systems (An Introduction)

himom

Subscribed. Looking to do a dual battery set up in both my 4th gen and GX. And if I can give a local guy my business it's a plus

BentBomber

www.bomberproducts.com
Do you do all your own machining? I'm in need of some assistance and would be interested to see if you might be able to assist me. Let me know if that might be an option and I'll pm you some more details.

Darkrider

Adventurer
If you were offering a universal wiring kit i would def be interested for a couple future projects that i will be working on.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Do you do all your own machining? I'm in need of some assistance and would be interested to see if you might be able to assist me. Let me know if that might be an option and I'll pm you some more details.

I do the initial designing and prototyping with steel using all my own tools. Then, I put the design in CAD and have them cut by water-jet. Then I do all the bending and tapping.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
If you were offering a universal wiring kit i would def be interested for a couple future projects that i will be working on.

I definitely make universal wiring kits! Just tell me how far apart the batteries are and I can hook you up. Or, I can just provide plenty of cable and make you a DIY kit.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
All my wiring kits and custom harnesses now come fully labeled for super easy installation

b7f576e5-d7c3-42ff-b069-b4a5a947cbed_zpszlqebawp.jpg

07a26d79-9bd2-4325-85a4-ff074b6f5b2a_zpszfxurjts.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
That is some very professional looking stuff, and I'm sure it performs as such also!

BTW, what is the correct name for the braided sheathing on the cable, and where is the best place to buy it?

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
That is some very professional looking stuff, and I'm sure it performs as such also!

BTW, what is the correct name for the braided sheathing on the cable, and where is the best place to buy it?

Thank you very much! Ive put a lot of attention to detail in these kits. As it should be with any wiring project.

And I can't tell you all my secrets!!

Just kidding... It's called "TechFlex". Or generically it's called PET expandable braided cable wrap. Amazon or Grainger are good places to buy small quantities for one project. Otherwise, there are some bulk distributors online that I could point you to. I buy it in 500 foot spools, lol.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Thank you very much! Ive put a lot of attention to detail in these kits. As it should be with any wiring project.

And I can't tell you all my secrets!!

Just kidding... It's called "TechFlex". Or generically it's called PET expandable braided cable wrap. Amazon or Grainger are good places to buy small quantities for one project. Otherwise, there are some bulk distributors online that I could point you to. I buy it in 500 foot spools, lol.

Thanks for the info, and no I don't need 500', just enough to use on the wiring going to the Blue Sea Systems Electrical Panel I'm installing in my ambulance/camper. I'll probably just get some on Amazon, now that I know what to look for.

mike2100

Observer
What do you think about making a bracket/mount for ARB air compressors in that same location under the hood on the passenger side?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL