Office build for Chevy Colorado w/OVRLND topper--suggestions?

TravisLC

Hey everybody,
I have a long bed Chevy Colorado (payload 1450lb) with an OVRLND topper (300lb). Its primary purpose is to serve as a remote office and I'm looking for suggestions on office builds. I did a search on here and the web, but didn't come up with much, so I thought I'd start a thread on here. If anyone knows of a thread, please post the link below. Otherwise, suggestions welcome.

I need at least the office basics:

• ergonomic desk set up for a laptop, keyboard, and mouse with the ability to switch between sitting and standing and have a few books and papers within reach
  • ergonomic seating
  • heating
  • other office-related enhancements?
I'm also not very handy, but can figure out something simple or can find someone who knows what they're doing. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 32

TravisLC

Thanks for responding. No kitchen or sleeping needs. I have a teardrop I pull that takes care of that. The office, aka the bed of the truck, is just for me (though I travel with a dog and sometimes a travel partner).

I've considered using the cab, but it's too confining. The pick up bed and topper make a perfect sized office. A metal work station sounds heavy.

As far as heating, just something to keep warm on cold mornings in the mountains. Probably a propane buddy heater, but maybe there are better options.

Last edited:

sancap

Look up 80/20 aluminum extrusions, lots of examples on what you can build. It is up to your imagination. https://8020.net/framing-options.html

You tube has hundreds of 80/20 builds. All you need are some basic hand tools and a decent quality chop saw. My build is slowly coming to an end.

Attachments

• 69645268545__000CE01F-B3F6-401E-9060-A0CD4C942AE2.JPG
    69645268545__000CE01F-B3F6-401E-9060-A0CD4C942AE2.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3055.JPG
    IMG_3055.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach