OMG Someone Stop Me....

Incusus

Adventurer
So I was dying to do something with the Trooper since I put her up on jackstands Saturday to await my shocks, springs, ball joints, etc to arrive.

Saturday I put her on stands, pulled the wheels off, and took off the old springs and shocks (blown, leaking oil).

Sunday I didn't like the wear on the brake rotors that were now visible with the wheels off. Off they went, along with the pads of course. When pulling the brakes off, I kept looking at my worn sway bar bushings and ended up putting new greaseable red Energy bushings on my to-order list for Monday. Hey why not? I'm here....

Monday I'm on the couch in the garage at 6pm, sipping a beer and staring intently at the Trooper. I end up wondering why I couldn't pull the intake manifold apart, clean it, get new gaskets while I wait the suspension stuff... after all the truck is just sitting there... Suddenly a wrench magically replaced my beer, and I found myself standing over the engine compartment pulling the EGR and lower half of the manifold, looking down at the heads. The upper half of the manifold is in the cleaning tank. Its now 11pm and I'm wondering if someone makes a bigger throttle body for this manifold....

12:15am, Tuesday. My wife has bodily dragged me from my garage, muttering about ignition wiring. She hands me a Corona and a ham sandwich, and switches on M*A*S*H reruns. Heart rate returns slowly to normal, but the glazed look remains.....

I'm afraid of what tomorrow might bring. I need to hurry up and get that truck back off those jackstands. Its like some sort of curse.

Incusus

Adventurer
Uh Oh... I managed to stop myself! Having trouble removing the EGR pipe from the bottom of the manifold (the under little platform in the back where the EGR valve sits).

I wouldn't bother if I knew it was going to be a major PITA, but I already broke the seals on the head-to-manifold gaskets soooo....:oops:

Any advice?

BigAl

Expedition Leader
You have a lot of energy, you wanna come to my place and turn some wrenchs to get warmed up:) Sounds like a good project, good luck!

Incusus

Adventurer
BigAl said:
You have a lot of energy, you wanna come to my place and turn some wrenchs to get warmed up:) Sounds like a good project, good luck!

Actually... your not all that far from me (relatively speaking) :)

Well I got the lower off now and I'm glad I did it. Once I got the 3/16" of black goo off of the inside (soaked, scrubbed, sprayed with etching mag cleaner, rinse, curse, repeat) I noticed that the EGR return was almost completely clogged with black deposits. After some serious scrubbing with a doubled up piece of wire and a bunch of seafoam spray, I was able to flush an amazing amount of crap from inside it with the hose. Yuck.

This thing's gonna run 10x better I think once its back together...:wings:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Incusus said:
Monday I'm on the couch in the garage at 6pm, sipping a beer and staring intently at the Trooper.

You have a couch in your garage????

Oh I so have to add one of those! :wings:

Incusus

Adventurer
mountainpete said:
You have a couch in your garage????

Oh I so have to add one of those! :wings:

Ohyeah, thanks to my neighbor getting a new living room set last fall. Stuck it right next to the beer fridge :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal