P38 heated windshield problem...

PKG P38

Observer
so i've done some searching on this issue on various fourms including this one and just looking for a more direct opinion from some of you guys that are familiar with the P38.

a good chunk of my windshield isn't heating up, almost the entire driver's side. i've read with other owners to check the fuses since there are two, but i dont think thats my issue, simply because all the way on the edge on the drivers side, 3 heating elements work, plus several in the middle. pretty much the entire passenger side works great.

are the heating elements repairable without replacing the whole windshield? my glass is in excellent shape with no nicks, cracks or pitting what so ever, its crystal clear yet. the method in which they are not working almost seems like it could be a connection problem at the base of the glass.

here's a photo of what i'm dealing with:

IMAG0123.jpg

RangeBrover

Explorer
How old is the windshield and how land has this problem persisted? From what your telling me it doesn't seem like you have a fuse issue rather it's a connection issue. Had this problem with my old p38 and it ended up that the heating elements and the connections simoy wore out in premature land rover fashion. After replacing the windshield I didn't have any problems. The one thing to note is that sometimes the connection on the car end and not the windshield end is to blame, also poor installations by people not familiar with rovers can be the culprit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven