Positioning of the siphon

rubbens16

In the vehicle I am drawing (Unimog U3000) I am going to use the entrance as a wet room. Not ideal, but for a small superstructure it is efficient in terms of space.

In the entrance I put a stainless steel shower tray with 2 drain holes and a height of 70mm. A small disadvantage is that if you step from the entrance to the living area, you have a step of 70mm. In addition, the door opening must also be milled 70mm above the floor height.

But how do I connect the siphon. On the internet I found this drawing. But then I have a lost space of 34mm under the shower tray. The step down to the living area will be larger and also the door opening will be visually much higher. I could also work with a straight connection under the drain hole after which I could fix the siphon under the floor plate.

But I wonder if such a siphon will work effectively. When driving, won't it slosh empty towards the holding tank or towards the shower tray? If so, the siphon will be empty and you will still get odor problems. Are there no other types of siphons that are sealed with a rubber, for example?

How do you do this?

Ivan

sifon.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy