quadravan dilema.

rex blackfire

First let me say, AWESOME FORUM! I'm very glad to have finally found what seems to be a forum with intelligent, good people that aren't all about ********** talk and flaming. Having said that, I am the proud new owner of a not so new doomsday rig, a 78 e350 quadravan. All the steering components are, well, worn out. Flat out burnt up. Now figuring out what tierod ends, drag link, bushing, etc wouldn't be so bad if ANYBODY in town actually stocked old for parts, but no one does. I have a parts manual for it but as anyone that's dealt with these before knows, Pathfinder used their own part numbers. Shoot I cant even find a 250 highboy to compare to. It has the ball joint, disk 44hd low pinion and does not have the y style tie rod drag link setup which Id like to do, but not for now. Has anyone out there rebuilt the stock front end in these? Once the ends and all are replaced, I am going to do a proper track bar and sway bar set up, and possibly the y style steering but for now I just want it to be trust able for camping with the kids and get through the winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk