Radar trailer

grangr

Picked up this old police radar trailer today. It is a steel frame with all aluminum box. Not sure how will set it up yet but couldn't pass it up. The box is 4x5 which just happens to be the footprint of my rooftop tent.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Looks great - good clearance and a nice side door. Does it have brakes? what is the suspension? does it have any suspension?

Salty1

I noticed that trailer for sale and was pondering purchasing it myself. Hope you keep us informed to any work you do to it.

RAFoutdoors

Retired Explorer
We had two of these at work. We found the floor corroded out of both of them. they were disposed of without notice. They are a great size with a lot of potential. Good luck and have fun with them. The ones we had included solar panels on mounts that lifted from the roof and the controllers were already installed in the box.

gstrange

With the led display on the back of the rig you could do a little conversion and have a built in tv for your trailer! Have fun with your build.

grangr

The guy I bought it from sold all of the radar equipment. Great idea on the TV. It is a thick piece of glass on the back. Looking forward to working on it. Paid $550 for it so could turn out to be a relatively inexpensive little project.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
We had two of these at work. We found the floor corroded out of both of them. they were disposed of without notice. They are a great size with a lot of potential. Good luck and have fun with them. The ones we had included solar panels on mounts that lifted from the roof and the controllers were already installed in the box.

Probably water sitting on the floor with solar panels generating power constantly you had electrolysis rotting out the bottom of the trailer where the water pooled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete