"Real-time" Payson hiking suggestions needed.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
OK, so I'm in Payson, AZ. Can someone reply back with a good moderate hike (got the mother-in-law here) that is remote and scenic yet close to Payson?

Thanks,

lamontagne

Adventurer
Isn't there a fire raging near Fossil Springs right?

Besides, last time I went there, if you didn't speak spanglish and carry a suitcase of Bud with you, you didn't fit in with the crowd. :costumed-smiley-007

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Isn't there a fire raging near Fossil Springs right?

Besides, last time I went there, if you didn't speak spanglish and carry a suitcase of Bud with you, you didn't fit in with the crowd. :costumed-smiley-007

Are you confusing Fossil Springs with Fossil Creek?
The Springs is a 3.5 mile hike down one way with 1300' of vertical. Been down several times and have yet to see a beer down there.

Fossil Springs trail LINK

As for Fossil Creek area our local CSC club will be doing our annual clean-up camp out Sept 19. Feel free to come out and join us. Last year at our clean up/camp out we joined forces Sierra Club:Wow1: (not by choice)

Clean up link

93BLAZER

Explorer
Fossil Springs is nice. What about the Haigler Creek area?

When you say "hike" are you looking for a maintained trail or do you just pull to the side of the road and hike?

As a side note, i have read in the paper and heard from others that there are quite a few "remote" pot farms out in that area. Ive been through that area for the last few years and never come upon one myself. So watch your surroundings when you and the mother are out an and anout. Goood thing for you, if you do stumble upon a pot farm, you have the mother in law as a bargining chip!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3