Really hope someone recognizes this truck!!

hotrod20s

Just picked up this 73 gladiator that I want to turn into a hunting/camping/trail rig of sorts and am hoping to find more information regarding this black one I found pics of. Thanks in advance guys. Btw new here and first post. You all have some amazing rigs.
Joe

Mine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353879036.855014.jpg

Cooler than mine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353879171.741601.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353879213.674565.jpg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
wow that is a way cool rig
Good luck with your build and please keep us posted on your travels after it is done.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Welcome and nice score on the J-truck. I've never seen the black one before so I'm interested in finding out more as well. You may try cross posting over at IFSJA (international full size jeep) site and see if anyone there knows it. Plus, if your new to FSJs then that is where you'll get a lot of specific help. :)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
That J truck sure takes me back to the time when you could tell what a car or truck was based on the design elements. Truly, the JK is the only truck or car that has maintained its original design elements. (I'll add in the US, as the Land Rover Defender ... so far, until the release of the DC100 which will change this).
The truth is, you really don't have to do much to that J truck to do most of the overland traveling most here do. It was a quite capable truck just as she sits.

Good score!
D

GetBentFab

How's it going with your Jeep project? I've collects many thousands of pictures of full size Jeeps and that black one is my all time favorite. I've only seen one like it and I've only been able to find 5 or 6 pictures of it. The truck was in Borneo, probably still is.

4xdog

Explorer
License plates look like Indonesia, where the KT prefix indicates East Kalimantan. That black truck's a long way from home!

Don

justcuz

Explorer
I've always wanted to put one of those cabs on a M715. Of course M715 front fenders on a J truck would look great too! That along with radius of the rear fender openings and you could easily run 36" tires with very little lift. Most of these trucks had some serious bed rust anyway that is why I suggested the fender radius work. Funny how Jeep rated those trucks up to a 1 ton and still used 5 lug axles and a Dana 20 t-case. Later years finally had 8 lug full floater axles, but they still retained the Dana 20 T-case. Great trucks BTW and good find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad