Reduced Price $3500 - Fleetwood Neon Modified

Gtrail

Saw two other Neons for sale on here recently and this inspired me to reduce the price and try again. It has just been sitting parked and not being used. Please see below for the information. If you have any questions or reasonable offers please let me know

Fleetwood Neon:
For sale. $3,500 OBO. Started its life as a Fleetwood Neon, definitely not a Neon anymore, much more. It is ready for an expedition trailer or weekend camper. Here is the list of modifications and features:
External:
Strengthened tongue with 2” receiver
New folding entry step
2” lift
225/75/R15 Tires
Alloy rims (5 on 4.5)
Monroe shocks
Diamond plate fenders
Diamond plate storage boxes
Front ¾” Plywood w/ Monstaliner Box for ARB 35L Fridge Freezer/ Deep Cycle Battery/ Fuse box/ Solar Ready/Storage/ Battery Charger
New tongue trailer jack
2.5 Gallon Propane tank
Swing-away tire carrier with Road Shower
Extending lamp holder plus shower head holder
Side mounted 1-up bike tray mounts (one on each side)
Fender mount for snow peak bamboo table
Sceptor 10L Water Jerry cans
Hand pump w/ quick release hose
New stabilizers w/ custom extensions and pivoting base
Yakima Side Loader brackets
Moved RVQ BBQ mount to alternate side (fender)
Cordless Drill Crank Adapter

Internal:
Removed furnace and replaced with Camco Olympian Radiant Heater
Added dry sink with drainage to outside and cargo space
Added adjustable cargo tie downs (Hi Lift Jack Slide n Lock)
Installed Laveo Dry Flush toilet with mounting flange
Replaced integral lights with LED lights
Added Carbon Monoxide Detector
2” Gel Memory Foam Topper

I would like to ask more for this trailer as it took a lot of work to get it to where it is, however I understand that it is hard to account for labor. My family purchased this after our first child from a coworker that made some of the modifications such as lift, fenders, storage boxes, step, tongue, and heater. Since we have had another child and would like a large trailer, that will hopefully last as they get older. Previously my wife and I built and off-road teardrop that took a year to build and it was great, unfortunately we had trouble getting our son to sleep in the bunk bed we made in it. So we are hoping to purchase a trailer that will last us awhile for the future. Unfortunately/fortunately it is in my nature to modify anything that I don’t like, so I will probably continue my path of destruction. But please let us know of any reasonable offer or any question you may have. We are definitely willing to let you know what we have done or what may be not up to par with the trailer.

May be willing to throw in the ARB 35L cooler and a Trasharoo.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Exterior Group.jpg
    Exterior Group.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 1,425
  • Interior Group.jpg
    Interior Group.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 1,382
  • Accessories Group.jpg
    Accessories Group.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,381
  • Overall.jpg
    Overall.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 1,445
  • Open Tent.jpg
    Open Tent.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 1,472
Last edited:

crooked barrel

Nice popup! Do you have an idea of the dry weight after the modifications? Does the trailer have brakes? How does it pull behind that Cherokee? Curious because I have an XJ that I am looking to use this with. Thanks for your reply.

Gtrail

The trailer does have brakes. I also installed break away switch for the brakes. It pulls very well behind the Cherokee, not quite to the point that I don't notice it, but close. No problem up hills or maintaining highway speeds, minimal impact to mpg. The original trailer supposedly weighed 1500 lbs., my guess is that it is closer to 2000 lbs but probably not over. If you are concerned I could try to take it to a truck scale to find out, but I won't be able to do that until Friday. FYI this uses a 7-pin trailer connector and is setup to charge the battery from the tow vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad