Roof rack lights

BurbanAZ

Explorer
I have an 04 4runner and I just bought an arb roof rack that came with lights on top. Anyone have any ideas on how to run the wiring for the lights from the roof? I have 5 lights for the front, 2 led lights for the sides and 2 hella light for the back.

Tigglebitties

Adventurer
I did it & I'm pretty sure I documented how in my build thread if you wanna dig around there. I had to work around the airbags & run wire for 4 hid's and 6 led bars.
It's not easy or recommended...
Do you have airbags up in the roof?

TangoII

If you're willing to drill through the roof, I can dig up a pretty detailed post for you with some marine hardware used for the same purpose. I have an 04' and can't see that you'd have many options with that many lights other than drilling a hole. I did run an xm antenna and gps antenna cables on each side of the windshield to the antennas mounted under the front roof rack covers. Anything more than that would be hard to do IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4Running

I haven't yet wired up lights on my rack, but plan to soon. I had presumed that I'd run the wires along the rack to the rear and run them in at the liftgate where Toyota ran its wires out to the liftgate. I figured I'd get the wires to a fuse block that I could mount in one of the cargo side bins or just run the wiring to the engine bay under the carpet. I haven't researched what others have done in a while. I would suggest you go to toyota120 and/or t4r search there as well. Let us know how you decide to go.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
I did it & I'm pretty sure I documented how in my build thread if you wanna dig around there. I had to work around the airbags & run wire for 4 hid's and 6 led bars.
It's not easy or recommended...
Do you have airbags up in the roof?

I'll try and look up your thread and read what you did.

If you're willing to drill through the roof, I can dig up a pretty detailed post for you with some marine hardware used for the same purpose. I have an 04' and can't see that you'd have many options with that many lights other than drilling a hole. I did run an xm antenna and gps antenna cables on each side of the windshield to the antennas mounted under the front roof rack covers. Anything more than that would be hard to do IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks that would be great. I have no problem drilling a hole. I can't really think of how I would run that many wires without one but a detailed post of someone else doing it would be nice.

I was also thinking of getting a snorkel so I was thinking that might be a nice way to mostly hide the wires because then it could run them down through the snorkel and then under the hood and just run the wires for the switches through the firewall like normal. What do u guys think?

Tigglebitties

Adventurer
I'll try and look up your thread and read what you did.

Thanks that would be great. I have no problem drilling a hole. I can't really think of how I would run that many wires without one but a detailed post of someone else doing it would be nice.

I was also thinking of getting a snorkel so I was thinking that might be a nice way to mostly hide the wires because then it could run them down through the snorkel and then under the hood and just run the wires for the switches through the firewall like normal. What do u guys think?

Ha. Wrong forum man sorry.
My build thread here isn't very good. It's a pain starting over on every forum I'm on.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268148

It'll be somewhere in the beginning. I didnt waste any time on my truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online