Saved this FJ62 from going to auction

roamingaz

Explorer
I met a guy that was preparing to have a estate sale and after briefly talking about the stuff he was going to sell I asked if any vehicles and he said there was going to be a old van and a old "Land Rover", started asking questions about it and he kept saying Toyota and eventualy he showed me a cell phone picture. The land rover turned out to be a Landcruiser!
I met up with them tonight, and turns out the cruiser was towed behind a RV most of it's life it has 122k on the odometer but most of those are towed miles, owned by a elderly couple since new and all original, not a single mark on the headliner or door panels, seats always had covers and carpet had floor matts, still has the original radio, jack and tool kit.
I was able to save them the trouble of trying to sell it.....$2500

Question for anyone- there is a factory hand throttle, did all of them have this? why would I need a aux. hand pull throttle on a fuel injected engine?

151091_1741706268639_1418172585_3171147_2705761_n.jpg

72011_1741572385292_1418172585_3170895_5467647_n.jpg

dms1

Explorer
Thats a nice rig you got there. I think the hand throttle is for either a PTO drive or hydraulic drive, and also sometimes used when using an electric winch.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Wow, congrats. I'll give you $3500 and pick it up this weekend. Save you the trouble of registering it and all :D

Hand Throttle: Winch powerup, PTO powerup, warm up in the cold, etc.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Amazing. You can't make that story up! What a find; I hope you played the lottery while you're on this roll.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Best be getting a for sale sign in that black chevy! This is the rig you have been waiting for!!!!!! Nice score!

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Very nice score for a guy that deserves it.

Scrape that "I don't want my 4th Amendment right anymore" sticker off the back glass and call it good. It is really too nice of a survivor to modify in any way.

There are a few people that love the stockers. Do me a favor and take some pictures of the tool kit. There is some dispute about what a complete FJ62 kit consists of.

Dave

datrupr

Expedition Leader
How about a trade for a slightly built '01 Montero? That is a clean 62. Good find, Jess.

roamingaz

Explorer
I'll get some better pics later today. For now I am actually thinking of leaving it pretty much stock. I still have my fridge so probably some sort of dual battery setup and maybe a set of AT tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk