Seat covers, 08 Toyota FJ

Jmt1271

I'm thinking of ordering a set of seat covers for my 08 FJ.

Really like the Clazzio's but the Cover king looks great as well, and likely about half price. (Struggling to get exact cost on the Clazzio) open to other brands as well.

Thinking of just getting the fronts for now but have a few questions. Hoping some of you that own them can offer some guidance.

Anyone have experience with both of these or others?

Is one or the other easier to install PROPERLY?

Hoping for a tight, clean and wrinkle free cover when I'm done. Even if I have to pull the seats to do well.

08 FJ and need at least the 2 front covers, headrests and 2 armrests. Thanks guys.

soonenough

Explorer
I don't have experience with either of those brands, but since you asked for other suggestions, I have Marathon Superhides in my '08 Tacoma and they have held up incredibly well for the 5 years I've had them. I actually bought them used on another forum so I got them for a steal - $200 for a full front and rear set, which would be about $400 new. The 'smoke' color matches the '08 Tacoma gray interior perfectly, and they fit so well that most people don't even realize there are seat covers.

After I bought mine, I actually sent the front seat covers back to Marathon for them to stitch the map pockets onto the back, which wasn't cheap but well worth it. They're Cordura material, so Nik Wax makes a few soaps/shampoos that work well for cleaning them without damaging the 'DWR-ness' of the material.

Jmt1271

I don't have experience with either of those brands, but since you asked for other suggestions, I have Marathon Superhides in my '08 Tacoma and they have held up incredibly well for the 5 years I've had them. I actually bought them used on another forum so I got them for a steal - $200 for a full front and rear set, which would be about $400 new. The 'smoke' color matches the '08 Tacoma gray interior perfectly, and they fit so well that most people don't even realize there are seat covers.

After I bought mine, I actually sent the front seat covers back to Marathon for them to stitch the map pockets onto the back, which wasn't cheap but well worth it. They're Cordura material, so Nik Wax makes a few soaps/shampoos that work well for cleaning them without damaging the 'DWR-ness' of the material.

Awesome. Any chance you could post pics? New and more options are great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven