Second Gen Taco - behind the rear seat storage solution

nat

Adventurer
I wasn't happy with the plastic bins that came stock with my 2007 DC Tacoma so I went with a MOLLE panel as a solution.

Attachments

• photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 94
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 84

nat

Adventurer
I test fit it then painted it blue to sort of match my body color. Yaesu 7900 mounted to it.

photo(7).jpgphoto(2).jpg

robert

Expedition Leader
Pretty cool idea. I'd recommend putting some sort of sound deadening material on that back wall though or you're going to get a lot of road noise. Of course that's just a pet peeve of mine since most new vehicles don't have much from the factory.

karma11

Observer
Nat, that is a very cool idea, ive been thinking about a solution for storage behind the seats for awhile, is it a custom piece? or do you have a website or link that you can provide? any help would be great

Thanks

CAP650

Observer
Nice work. I pulled that plastic junk out a long time ago. What a waste of space it was! I like the molle mount idea. Pretty versatile and organized. I added some sound deadening material, topped with some thin industrial carpet because the road noise was more noticeable. It's actually surprising how much stuff you can fit back there if you plan it out. Here's what I ended up with:

BackSeat.JPG

2010-09-03_10-08-55_70.jpg

nat

Adventurer
Custom piece I designed and had fabricated. I have had a bunch of interest in them, so I am have some made up. When I have pricing info I can post it up in case anybody is interested.

SIZZLE

Pro-party
Interested! That looks like a great solution. I just ripped the bins out. I haven't noticed much road noise, but my S rattles around. Subbin'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven