sevylor inflatable canoe

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Im in no way an expert or even close but we have the same canoe. We have used it in rivers, lakes, and the ocean. No problems to report had it for 3 years been out 10-12 times. A couple of things we ungraded on was a hi-volume pump and better paddles, we went with kayak paddles and have been happy. Nice part is it packs small for its size and my wife and daughter could transport it in the Highlander.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I have the Sevylor "Fishmaster" 325, for my wife and I

Very well constructed, protected, twin hull and I leave mine inflated all the time

005.jpg

:victory::costumed-smiley-007 JIMBO

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
We didn't own that particular model, but we did own two sevlor "recreational" type canoes.

lighter duty, lighter weight, etc...It was GREAT for packing in a vehicle and taking to a lake, etc. We used a regular air compressor to fill it, which took about 4-5 minutes or so, used the crap out of both of them up at Kintla lake in Montana.

We packed 3 of us in one, and went out to catch our limit of trout from that beautiful lake.

worked very well.

I'd imagine one that has stronger material and reinforcement at the wear points (bottom, seat mounts, etc) would be very effective. One thing I'd be worried about is snags in a woodsy river punching a hole, but for lake or sandy/rocky bottom river use...I'd give it a thumbs up.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Just looked further into the website. Ours were kayaks from the look of it(this was like 7 years ago..haha).

They looked like the tahiti classic in the Kayak section....http://www.sevylor.com/Kayaks-C41.aspx

....again, very nice boats. Apparently we could have taken ours on the amazon, if we wanted to.

Oni

Adventurer
I don't have a Sevlor, but have an Advanced Elements inflatable kayak.

Fairly similar though, I think an inflatable will be great for the things you want to do. Don't have to worry about getting a rack for your vehicle, less storage space. I can set mine up in about 5 minutes at a relaxed pace.

Don't forget PFD's and go for some decent paddles.

Last edited:

TravelAfar

Sevylors are bad boats

KAyakers know that Sevylor are badly constructed boats. Ok for day trips but not for extended trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk