Sky's Dbl Cab Taco

Skyman85

NEWB
I finally got my Tacoma!!!! :wings: 114k on it, no rust, interior is in fantastic condition, looks like the previous owner did some sort of undercoating on the truck which was a plus i wasn't expecting. Drove 3 hrs to pic her up today and cannot wait to start on the upgrades. I think my Jeep will be getting jealous. The first few upgrades the new Taco will be getting will be: A new Pioneer Radio (still has the stock), and crawlarado hood blackout which were ordered as soon as i got back home. I will also be de-croming the front and rear bumpers and blacking them out during thanksgiving break. Looking forward to starting my first build thread here hope you all enjoy the thread!

New Taco 1.jpgNew Taco 2.jpg

Last edited:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
very nice, mine has 195k and no problems.... well accept the frame is being replaced in the next two weeks. Mine was undercoated too and looked great. The dealer was SHOCKED when a hammer went through the frame with little effort. I am very glad Mr. T is replacing my frame, I really didn't want to lose it!

austintaco

Explorer
Nice!
Unless you are wanting a radio with a touchscreen, I would look into the scion radios. They are made by pioneer, and have the ability to run and charge your ipod and play aux devices. I think it's the 1807 model, but I will have to check. Best of all, they look stock, so less likely to be stolen, IMO.

Skyman85

NEWB
Here's a question i have been thinking about what to do for rims and tires. I was thinking about swapping the rims and tires off the jeep. This would require a 6X5.5 to 5X4.5 adapter. The current setup on the jeep is AR teflon 16in rims with what I believe to be 30in Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar sidewalls(Cant remember off the top of my head). I have an extra set of rims/tires i can put on the jeep. Do you think that would be a plausable idea?

Sam Huynh

Village Idiot
Here's a question i have been thinking about what to do for rims and tires. I was thinking about swapping the rims and tires off the jeep. This would require a 6X5.5 to 5X4.5 adapter. The current setup on the jeep is AR teflon 16in rims with what I believe to be 30in Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar sidewalls(Cant remember off the top of my head). I have an extra set of rims/tires i can put on the jeep. Do you think that would be a plausable idea?

Its doable, but personally Id just new rims and tires. Adapters cost about 60-70 a piece. Also is your jeep the red JK in the picture? If it is the bolt pattern should be 5x5 unless im missing something.

Skyman85

NEWB
You are correct, but i am also running spacers on the Jeep. Found a heck of a deal on the rims and tires $950 for 5 AR teflon & MT/R Kevlars pretty much brand new. So i bought adapters for the JK as well.

Skyman85

NEWB
Looks like I'll be having some fun with some things to add on the the Tacoma this weekend. Crawlarado hoodblack out might be installed although it says it needs to be 60 degrees out with highs of 50 this weekend might have to find a heater to put in the garage. Will attempt installing the radio hopefully its pretty simple have never taken out a stock radio or put a new radio in. Time to get the feet wet!

IMG_0735.jpg

Skyman85

NEWB
Well its been awhile since i have updated the installs went well
IMG_0738.jpgIMG_0742.jpg
The deck went in surprisingly well for my first attempt at installing a deck. Absolutely enjoy hands free in the car and being able to stream music wirelessly from the iphone. Plan on putting a CB in the open din spot so i didin'y want to put the effort in to close off the open din. Vinyl turned out really cool was pretty simple to put on. The cold MN winter took its toll on the battery so went out and picked up a Die Hard Platinum at Sears, I just love this negative degree weather we have been having as of late.... I had an Optima on the last vehicle i had so we'll see how i like the Die Hard. After reading some threads it seemed like this would be the better option than an Optima.

Got this tonight on the doorstep when i got off work!
IMG_0815.jpg
I'm kicking around the idea of blacking out the bars on the softtopper, not a huge fan of crome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77