Sleeping platform

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I'm looking to make a sleeping platform in the back of my Kj. I currently have a shelf in the back which looks like this.

1. , Looking to make a flat platform, Only issue is that I always have my rear seats up because I have 2 car seats. Looking for ideas.:smiley_drive:

dusty122

Adventurer
what if you did something like a pontiac aztek or honda element style tent out the back. Ie you open the lift gate and fold out the bed and tent connects to the top of the liftgate then down near the bumper or something like that.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
That is a good idea, I never thought about that. I think Jeep even makes a tent for that use. Thank you:smiley_drive:

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: When you're not using a trailer, HATCH TENTS are the best

Here's mine with my Xterra and it also works on my jeep JK

IMGP0651-Copy.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: That one is made by NISSAN, for Xterra use, but I imagine there are a number of outfits that make "hatch tents"-checkout the internet/google under that subject !!

Who makes that tent. Looks great.:smiley_drive:

I also used an air mattress made by truckbedz.com and they are SPECIFIC to each vehicle, they have indents for wheelwells so they fit !!-very durable and packing ease

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

JDaPP

Adventurer
I have had a tent very similar (made by sportz) and I currently have the one made by jeep. I loved the sportz tent and used it alot, but my wife wanted something larger so we purchased the jeep tent. The Jeep tent is great but takes longer to setup and requires 2 people. The tent by sportz was very easy to setup (1 person) and was a good 4 season tent. We always slept in the liberty with a full size air matress. The rear seats provided a slight incline so we slept with our heads to the front but was very workable.

http://www.sportzbynapier.com/

Attachments

• PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    631.8 KB · Views: 58
  • PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    621.1 KB · Views: 44

blueeyeddevil

Observer
Try http://www.sportzbynapier.com
They were super nice at the Sand Show a few weeks back and they have a "show special" discount that is good until 10/15/2009. A tent for the Xterra is normally $329.95 on special for $275.00.
I'm buying one for my wife's Dodge Caliber!

WOW! It looks like we posted the same link at basically the same time! That has to be saying something.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3