So excited just got the new toy home

Johneychimpo

I finally decided to take the plunge and get a discovery 2. I sold my f350 and picked up a 2004 se7 with 80k on clock. I am in the process of doing all the fluids and going through the vehicle. I live in the Denver area and was wondering if any one knows of a good Indy a mechanic? I want to do all/most the work on the truck my self but just in case i get in over my head I would like to have a go to shop. Here is the only photo so far
9u3yjumy.jpg
I am currently trying to make every thing fit in the garage.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Congrats!!
First suggestion- get a full shop manual, while pricey, well worth it for a DIY owner.
Denver is full of Rover guys by the way.

jerdog53

Explorer
Weclome to the family!

The only Indy wrench I know about is jcbritish but have not used him personally so cant really speak to that.

Last edited:

LtFuzz

Explorer
JC British used to be JC Rover 4x4... I used to go to him when he was still operating out of his home garage in Centennial. Good dude and a great shop.

Johneychimpo

Good to hear about jcbritish... Day 2 and 125 miles and the check engine light is on. Going to an auto parts store in the morning to see what the code is. The only thing different that I can think of is that I did an oil change today. A trip to Moab sounds AWSOME I will be looking up that society tonight.

Johneychimpo

Thanks to the warm welcome, I got the ce code all taken care of and am having a great time driving the rover. I count my self very lucky being able to get the se7 I have a relatively large family me the wife 2 kids a Great Dane and the grand patents so being able to haul the crew is extremely help full. Moods I looked up at solihul society and plan on joining them ASAP they seem like an amazing group of people.

ebg18t

Adventurer
Nice!

Download the RAVE.

Get a ultraguage or scanguage to monitor your coolant temps. My 04 consistently ran at the temp edge until I replaced many parts of the cooling system.

Harry m

That looks a nice Disco same colour as mine same year and same, mileage but mine is a bit more worn around the edges.

Johneychimpo

I got really lucky it was a one owner vehicle from the west coast the interior is great with only a little wear on the driver seat and the emergency break boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC

Members online