SOLD - 1972 International Travelall 4X4 - Middle TN

Pampas86

Ladies and germs, the time has come for the Green Giant to find a new home. I've owned this for about 9 or 10 months. I had intention of keeping it for the long haul, but my family and I recently moved and don't have room for it at the new house nor do I have a good option for long-term storage. So the wife says its the Green Giant, the Pajero, or me...and then the Green Giant.

I am going to wait a couple to three weeks before I list it on Craigslist or might try Ebay or BAT, but I'd love for this to stay in this community or at least with someone who really appreciates it, so please pass along to anyone you think would enjoy this baby.

This thing is really a show stopper. Runs good as far as I can tell...I'm not a professional mechanic...but I did have my mechanic spend some time with the old Gal and got a good report from him. I can't tell you much about the vehicle. I bought it from a mechanic a while back who said somebody had it shipped in from the West Coast...California or Idaho maybe. I have a clean and clear title for it. He put a new carburetor on it, tuned it up and also cleaned out the gas tanks. I think he said he may have done some other odd and end work to it but I can't remember, that was the major work to it. The only thing I have done to it is change the oil and filter and drive around with the windows down.

Here's what I can think of to tell you about it...PM me any questions:
- 1972 International Travelall 1110 4X4 V8...manual 4-speed
- Asking $9800, happy to help anyone figure out shipping.
- The odometer shows 39,500 miles. It is a 5 digit odometer so no idea if its rolled or not.
- I did find what appears to be the original owners manual under the front seat and also a folder dated 8-1-99 that says "New Engine @35,310 miles" and has some printouts of engine specs. No idea what that means but it was in there.
- Runs and starts fine...I've left it sitting for a few weeks on a couple of occasions and it fired up first go no problem.
- New carburetor, fuel tanks cleaned
- Tires have decent thread left
- Winch works - has dual battery setup... only one batter currently installed but I hooked the winch up to it and used a paperclip to run it...I don't have any type of control for it though...but it does work. I pulled the serial number on the winch at one point. I believe it said it was a '73 model. Not rusted out and still works, pretty cool.
- The interior is in good shape. Its not factory restored by any stretch but clean and in good shape. The paint is in decent shape as well. It has fade spots and what not but still looks pretty good. I had no intention of painting it at any point in the near future when I first bought it and planned to keep it. Overall the body is straight but does have some dents on one of the backdoors...you can see it in the photo.
- Rust - It has a couple of rust spots on the body but nothing major. Has some rust on the undercarriage but nothing that I can tell that would be major.
- The headliner is some type of particle board, I pulled it off over the front seat because it was sagging.
- Report from my mechanic: Needs a new brake hose on the drivers side front end (looks like it has been rubbing against the tire. I bought a new one and may have replaced this by the time its sold). Drivers side freeze plug has small coolant leak and needs to be replaced. Has some loose wheel bearings. Rear main seal leaking. Master brake cylinder is seeping, might need a new gasket (I haven't had to add any brake fluid yet, it doesn't seem to be losing very much). Overflow line from radiator leaks, but looks to be because the overflow canister lid is broken and needs to be replaced.

Overall, this is a solid and killer truck. Lemme know any interest or feedback! If you can figure out what Bawana means, I will knock $100 off the price...

photo_apr_28__11_00__Iyf8R.jpg
photo_apr_28__11_01__uTAET.jpg
photo_dec_29__9_58_5_89IIe.jpg
photo_dec_29__9_59_0_QLpBu.jpg
photo_feb_15__5_09_3_MLM41.jpg
photo_apr_29__6_00_2_duWAp.jpg
photo_apr_29__6_00_4_gt5wO.jpg
photo_feb_15__5_11_1_d6AA9.jpg
photo_apr_28__11_00__W2lOl.jpg
photo_apr_28__11_00__ElE4a.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics