SOLD - 2015 Ford Transit Family Adventure/ Camper Van $33k

CoconutMan

SOLD SOLD SOLD
Price drop* $33,000
~135,500 miles
Located near Atlanta, Ga

For sale is our fully built and converted off-grid adventure camper van. My family and I have traveled all over the country with ease due to the "stealth camping" ability of this van. The interior is in excellent condition and the van has always been well taken care of, cleaned, and meticulously maintained.

The base is a 2015 2wd Ford Transit T350 EcoBoost (gas) medium roof passenger van that is in excellent mechanical shape with zero issues or maintenance required. We chose this van because the factory seats are safety rated for our daughter to ride in as opposed to many camper vans out there with retrofitted rear seats. Another tremendous benefit is the rear air conditioning that we use extensively for summer camping in hot climates – this has been a lifesaver! The Transit handles like a car and is very easy to drive. There is about 5’10” of interior standing height. The van was originally converted by another Expo member whom I purchased it from. I modified the interior build to better suit our needs (removed excess storage and made the bed platform much bigger and added a few odds and ends). The interior has been self-converted into a fully functioning off-grid camper with the following:

-Height-adjustable platform bed set up for side-to-side sleeping (6’ width) with memory foam mattress
-Passenger swivel seat base
-Lagun table, fully adjustable and removable
-Fully reflectix insulated interior to include window covers
-Interior LED ceiling and kitchen lights with remote
-2 Maxxair weather proof ceiling vent fans
-Planar 44d 12 diesel interior heater with set and forget thermostat
-Truckfridge T130 refrigerator/ freezer
-Microwave
-Tripp Lite inverter with remote switch (auto pass through when plugged in to shore power)
-Dual house batteries, fuse block, and Blue Sea ACR (Charges batteries while van is running)
-Dometic sink and propane stove combo (self-contained water tank)
-Ultra wheels with Toyo Open Country All-Terrain tires (~50% tread remaining)
-Fox Racing 2.0 tuned rear shocks (HUGE improvement over factory ride!)
-Air Lift rear airbag suspension
-On board air compressor and holding tank
-Re-geared to 3:73 with Detriot true trac
-2” hitch receiver
- LED red map lights in cockpit
-Plenty of tie-down points in garage
-Numerous power plugs throughout van
-Tons of storage throughout
-Backup camera

Issues- the interior ceiling panel material has a few dings on it but it structurally sound and functions as it should. There are small paint chips on the hood from normal highway use – no rust or corrosion anywhere, the van has lived in the south it's entire life.

Clean and clear title in hand. I have all maintenance records and current inspection sheet from Ford.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Matt
330-285-7775

Attachments

• IMG_4515.JPG
    IMG_4515.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,177
  • IMG_4510.JPG
    IMG_4510.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,184
  • IMG_4518.JPG
    IMG_4518.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_4519.JPG
    IMG_4519.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_4524.JPG
    IMG_4524.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,350
  • IMG_4528.JPG
    IMG_4528.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,351
  • IMG_4530.JPG
    IMG_4530.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,327
  • IMG_4531.JPG
    IMG_4531.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,341
  • IMG_4541.JPG
    IMG_4541.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,317
  • IMG_4542.JPG
    IMG_4542.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,268
Last edited:

CoconutMan

The total length is 18.25' or 220". Yes, mileage is accurate as stated - I have all maintenance records and no corners were ever cut. This van has literally been coast to coast for camping trips and the mileage is predominantly highway cruising. I wouldn't hesitate to take this van cross country or cross continent today. Thanks for the questions and interest!

CoconutMan

No worries, I know it’s easy to lose info in those (overly) lengthy posts.

TONS of interest and a few offers but van is still available!

86scotty

Cynic
I just saw this. This is my former van and I built it and put about 100k on it pretty quickly working and playing. Matt has changed it up just a bit but it is mostly my creation and I'm glad to help answer questions about it. This is the 4th or 5th camper van I have built and the first on a Transit chassis.
It is a wonderful machine. I wouldn't worry about the mileage at all.

Oh, there is somewhat of a build thread on this thing here, on the Sportsmobile Forum and also some stuff on the Transit forum. It is not at all a Sportsmobile but I'm most active there and shared it as one of the first Transit home builds for others to see. All this under my handle, 86Scotty.

Also, just a quick nod to Matt and his family. Great, honest folks. Good luck with the sale, Matt!

Pax2525

Adventurer
how big is the bed? Do you have any other beds? Where did your kid(s) sleep as you mention a family van? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333