SOLD - 2017 Ford Transit 4wd $80k

carleton

Hi, we are selling our Van & moving from vanlife to trucklife. We lived in Alaska for the last 5 years, and this van was our gear hauler/weekender. It's also setup extremely well for northern climates. Now that we moved to Arizona, a different vehicle will meet our needs better, so we are selling this one. $80k, currently in Flagstaff AZ.

We custom ordered from Ford, so it is outfitted with the best that 2017 had for outfitting a vehicle yourself.

The Chassis as delivered from Ford:
2017 Ford Transit 250 XL, 148" Regular Body, High Roof
"Blue Jean" blue color
3.5l EcoBoost gas engine, 42,000 miles
4WD Quigley conversion
3.31 Limited Slip Differential
Upfitter switches
High output alternator
Dual AGM Deep cycle starter batteries
Towing setup: with brake controller, 2" receiver, 7 & 4 pin connectors "Heavy Duty Towing Package"
SYNC radio
Backup camera
Remote Keyless entry, keyless entry pad on the door.

Chassis Add ons:
*Viper LCD 2-Way Remote Start/Keyless Entry System starts up to 1 mile away.
*Trickle charge, oil pan heater, transmission heater, block heater, for plugging in your vehicle when it is Arctic cold out.
*VAN COMPASS™ FORD TRANSIT REAR HIGH CLEARANCE SHOCK EXTENSION BRACKETS
*HOODLINE LIGHT POD MOUNT - TRANSIT (2013+) by VAN COMPASS – Van Compass™
*FALCON 3.3 SP2 FAST ADJUST REAR SHOCKS - TRANSIT (2013+) PAIR – Van Compass™ Adjustable shocks, which make driving it with different weights much more smooth.
*Falken Wildpeak AT3W 245/75/16 AT Tires: brand new.
E-Stopp electronic brake controller.

Interior/Front:
*All Weather Floor mats
*Passenger swivel seat
*Overhead storage
*Strawfoot windshield, driver, and passenger insulated window covers.
https://strawfoothandmade.com/products/window-covers-ford-transit-van-medium-high-roof
(Rear & Side window covers are home sewn from thinsulate & cordura).

Electrical:
*210 Ah AGM Deepcycle, 2 batteries mounted in series, mounted under the vehicle (to the frame) to keep the weight low using Under Vehicle Battery Box for Ford Transit Van, fits 148WB and 130WB – DIYvan
*Trickle charger via shore power hookup, Noco Genius Gen 2, 20amp Dual charger.
*Alternator charger via CTEK D250sa & Smartpass 120.
*No Solar, however CTEK D250sa is provisioned to be used as a MPPT charge controller, so part of a solar system is already in place.
*1000w Renogy Pure Sine Wave inverter.
*whole system is fused, with numerous Blue Sea breakers to isolate certain parts of the system in case it's needed to troubleshoot.
*MaxxAir fan mounted over the kitchen
*8 (4 front, 4 over the bed) dimmable LED lights.
*Victron Bluetooth battery monitor.
*Dometic CRX-50 12v Fridge/Freezer.
*Espar Airtronic B4: Pulls gasoline straight from the fuel tank & heats your vehicle. https://vanpartswarehouse.com/products/espar-airtronic-b4-12v-truck-kit-w-digi-max-controller

Water:
*Simple jerry can based system, so you can fill up easily from spigots, also made it easy to remove & winterize the system.
* Shurflo water pump and accumulator tank tank.
*cold water only (no water heater).
*(2) Scepter 5-gallon jerry cans included, plus a (5) gallon grey water jerry can.
*Ruvati stainless steel sink.

Camper consists of:
*Kitchen with refrigerator, water system, and drawers. Applicable specs noted above. Propane stove, with internal 5# propane bottle, externally vented through the floor & with soleioid cut-off.
*"******** box": padded box allowing for seating & easier entry to the bed. Contains a Nature's Head composting toilet, and more storage space.
*Bed, made of aluminum motorcycle ramps: to keep the weight light, and to eliminate mildew under the bed surface.
*RV Queen mattress in a N/S configuration. Avocado Green memory foam mattress.
*Overhead storage hatches the entire driver's length of the camper
*Gear-age with a (2) bike slider on the driver's side, wheel well hatches, and e-track on the walls for securing items.
*Tongue and groove cedar roof & walls. Cabinets are made mostly of 1/2" and 3/4" Birch Plywood.
*Thinsulte insulation through the walls and ceiling. Front camper floor insulated with 1" foam.

GVWR is 9000 lbs, we weighed it coming at the end of our build & loaded for camping at 7940, so you can comfortably pack heavy and maintain a safe buffer below GVWR.

We lived in Alaska (limited solar much of the year), and the alternator puts off so much power, that we rarely felt the need for additional solar.

We built this van for wet climates. The Fan, Thinsulate insulation, and Espar heater all help to move moisture out of the van when you are camping in winter.

*One bad: there is a dent (painted) about 6 feet up on the rear/passenger side from a brief encounter with a garage. Otherwise it's normal wear & tear for a 42k mile camper.

AF7FF032-3F96-4BFC-AD57-EDA6061E1C18_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

carleton

Yes, still for sale! Been some interest from Colorado & SLC in the past 2 weeks, but no one has bought a ticket to fly into Flagstaff yet.
PM if you want more info, I've got a bunch of videos at this point from folks wanting specific info about specific areas of the van.

carleton

Sold!

I did want to write up a few things based on my experience, that might be helpful to other folks buying and selling right now.

Price: We did end up selling for pretty darn close to asking price. The demand for 4wd vans right now is real.
Listing: This vehicle was listed here, and Facebook marketplace. I got twice as many inquiries from Marketplace than I did from here.
Time: We didn't get any hits for the first (2) weeks. Then my interest was from out-of-state, so giving folks the info they need to feel comfortable buying a ticket to fly in here and check it out. This process took a long time, and specifically we lost 7-days when the buyer we had lined up dropped off the earth (then resurfaced later & was still interested).
Overall it took 5 weeks from listing to them driving away.
Location: Being in Flagstaff was maybe the largest detractor for us. We are central to everything (in the west), but local to nobody. I got interest from Boulder, Denver, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City and Boise. I only had (2) inquiries locally (Phoenix and Sedona), and they were the last folks to the table. I think if I was located in Denver this vehicle would have sold in a week.
Expo: I did notice a slight uptick (maybe one or two people) in interest after we were tangentially mentioned here: Overland Classifieds :: Ford Transit T-350 Vandoit w/ Quigley 4x4 - Expedition Portal . Otherwise, as mentioned above, we got more interest from Facebook than we did here. The eventual buyer was from FB.

So that's it. Hope my short record will be helpful for someone, chronologing the craziness of the 2022 4wd Camper buying/selling world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven