*SOLD* 2018 Four Wheel Camper Hawk Shell - Fully Built - $19,900

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
2018 Four Wheel Camper Hawk - $19,900

The Story:

After owning a 2003 Eagle Camper model (and completely restoring it), and a fully loaded 2018 Hawk Camper, I have learned exactly what I love about FWC’s and what I (and others) really feel needs to be changed about them... So, I sold my fully loaded camper and set out to find an empty shell model. Once I found it, I built what I consider to be the perfect FWC. Everything you need and nothing you don’t. Lightweight and spacious with reliable systems using top of the line parts. This camper now has it all. Heat, water, (reliable) refrigeration, storage, room to move, and unlimited power. All professionally designed and installed by someone that lives and breathes this lifestyle and owns/ operates a licensed and insured shop specializing in camper and truck upgrades (yours truly). This isn’t meant to sound like bragging. It’s simply what I do for a living, and that should mean something when looking at a custom camper. I take great pride in what I do, and hopefully you will see that reflected in my work here.

Factory Options:
  • Silver Spur Exterior
  • Forced Air Furnace w/ thermostat
  • Thermal Pack (Thermal liner)
  • Powered roof fan
  • Maple interior with chocolate fabric
  • Queen size pull-out bed
  • Yakima roof tracks
  • 4 x Mechanical Camper Jacks

Custom work completed in order to add running water:
  • Custom extended countertop using 1/2” birch, factory FWC maple, and matching laminate
  • Bench seat made from factory FWC matching maple and 1/2” birch plywood
  • 20 gallon custom water tank mounted below bench seat
  • 15” x 15” stainless steel bar sink with RV faucet and exterior drain
  • SHURFLO Water Pump with strainer (factory FWC parts)
  • Exterior water tank fill
Upgraded Electrical:
  • 2 x Centennial 6 Volt AGM batteries wired in series (224 amp hours).
  • Replaced Blue Sea System battery isolator with Redarc BCDC1240D battery charger. The Redarc unit acts as the battery separator, DC to DC battery charger, and MPPT solar charge controller. It charges the AGM batteries at the appropriate voltage with up to 40 amps while the engine is running. It is truly a game changer for on board charging.
  • Upgraded wire size and quality all the way through camper to batteries.
  • Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 watt inverter with built in 80 amp battery charger and remote panel. This is your on-board 120 volt power supply. When turned on via the remote panel, both 120v plugs become active. No shore power necessary.
  • NoCo exterior charging plug. Wired to Xantrex inverter/ charger. This is your shore power. Plug in to any 110 (or 220 volt outlet with an adapter) and charge your battery bank.
  • Renogy 160 watt semi-flexible panel mounted to roof via custom aluminum frame and bolted to Yakima tracks. Plugged in to factory solar plug. Easily removable and replaceable.
  • Blue Sea Systems 12 volt panel with four USB’s and OLED volt meter.
  • Blue Sea Systems 12 volt panel with one 12 volt “cigarette” style outlet and 2 x Anderson Powerpole outlets (for refrigerator).
  • Blue Sea Systems 6 circuit auxiliary fuse box. A nice easy place to wire additional accessories.
  • WeBoost 4GX OTR Cellular Signal Booster. Hard mounted and hard wired to on/ off switch.
Refrigeration:
  • Dometic 75 CFX Dual Zone mobile refrigerator freezer with WiFi connect mounted using ARB fridge tiedown system and extruded aluminum frame
Additional:
  • Lagun adjustable table leg with custom matching table top.
  • Added powered roof fan to empty vent. Factory matching “FanTastic Fan”
  • Auxiliary can holder mounted on rear of camper. Made by Adventure Trailers. Can hold a 5 gallon water can or a 5 gallon fuel can. 5 gallon water can included.

This camper is in near perfect condition. A couple small pinstripes from passing brush and trees. One dime sized dent on passenger side from a solar panel failing and coming off the roof (crappy grommets failed). No leaks, no hail damage, no funny smells, or any other surprises. The camper and all cushions still look and smell new. Camper has been garaged its entire life (in between trips of course). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_3338.jpeg
    IMG_3338.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_3351.jpeg
    IMG_3351.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,215
  • IMG_5035.jpeg
    IMG_5035.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,170
  • IMG_5032.jpeg
    IMG_5032.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,194
  • IMG_5015.jpeg
    IMG_5015.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,205
  • IMG_5010.jpeg
    IMG_5010.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,324
  • IMG_5011.jpeg
    IMG_5011.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,161
  • IMG_5034.jpeg
    IMG_5034.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,079
  • IMG_5023.jpeg
    IMG_5023.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,047
Last edited:

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
More pics...

Attachments

• IMG_5029.jpeg
    IMG_5029.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 534
  • IMG_5026.jpeg
    IMG_5026.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 541
  • IMG_5018.jpeg
    IMG_5018.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 524
  • IMG_5017.jpeg
    IMG_5017.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 525
  • IMG_5021.jpeg
    IMG_5021.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 552
  • IMG_5019.jpeg
    IMG_5019.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 524
  • IMG_3850.jpeg
    IMG_3850.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 515
  • IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 507
  • IMG_3836.jpeg
    IMG_3836.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 510

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Cool approach
How are you addressing cooking?
Any propane outlets in or out?
Any water heating system?
Does the Redarc system provide bidirectional charging between the house batteries and the truck batteries but yet keep them separated?

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Cool approach
How are you addressing cooking?
Any propane outlets in or out?
Any water heating system?
Does the Redarc system provide bidirectional charging between the house batteries and the truck batteries but yet keep them separated?

Cool approach - Thanks!
How are you addressing cooking? - Cook partner stove with 5lb portable propane tank. Can be used inside or outside the camper.
Any propane outlets in or out? - Yes, I ran a propane line to the counter top and capped it off. It would be very easy to install an OEM style cooktop or use the portable stove of your choice.
Any water heating system? - No hot water at all. This is for simplicity in the systems. All water lines remain inside the camper making them much more resistant to cold weather. Ive never had to travel without water because of temperature.
Does the Redarc system provide bidirectional charging between the house batteries and the truck batteries but yet keep them separated? - The Redarc BCDC1240D is a 40 amp DC to DC charger. It has a dual input (vehicle and solar) and a single output (camper batteries). It does not charge the truck batteries but it does isolate them from the equation completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__